Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you guys buy ammo for classes?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I have an established minimum stock I keep, and I make periodic purchases above that for use. That way I'm never out, short, or scrambling for a class.
    Same here. Although I haven't bought any bulk ammo since AE was $5 per box delivered. I've been living on reloads for the past year to keep from even tapping into my stash.

Buying in quantity tends to be cheaper, but buying in small amounts more often is easier on the wallet. Adding a box here and there to other purchases is a soft blow, and accumulates rounds quickly.
    That's kind of what I've started doing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Ammo is an ongoing proposition... you should be constantly on the look out for good deals and buy when you can.

If you wait until a Month before a class.. you waited to long..

That's my approach to it.
    Agreed. I try to keep several K of brass-cased ammo (XM193, Prvi) for high-volume events like classes, and several K of steel cased ammo (Wolf, Barnaul) for low-volume events like matches.

I just recently bought $1k of Prvi (3k rounds) and $1k of Wolf (4k rounds), but I also just burned up 1k rounds of XM193 this past weekend.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Buying in quantity tends to be cheaper, but buying in small amounts more often is easier on the wallet. Adding a box here and there to other purchases is a soft blow, and accumulates rounds quickly.
    That's what I do with magazines. Every time I order something from Brownells I tag on a 1911 or AR mag or two.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I ordered a small amount of that PRIV m193 from Grant. I'm anxious to test it out to see if they have the right propellant in the current production stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What's the current consensus of polymer coated Wolf for a carbine class...?
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullets View Post
    What's the current consensus of polymer coated Wolf for a carbine class...?
    Watched a guy run it for an entire EAG class last week. He didnt have any problems that I recall seeing and his accuracy was more than acceptable from 50 yrds and in.

Feedback Score
    I just bought 260 rounds of .223 Wolf 55 grain from Sportsmansguide.com for $60 plus $10 shipping.

Feedback Score
    Check out widener's reloading for the Prvi. Just got 3k delivered at 315.00 x 3 (945.00). Have you noticed wolf approaching $234.00 to $250.00 bucks on some websites? Holy S&@T! You can find some older "lacquer" wolf ammo over on centerfiresystems.com for $200.00 and sportsmansguide.com for $208.00 per 1k for the 62grn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12