Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ciener kit for range practice after class?

Feedback Score
    you guys laugh, I am going to do it
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You don't see me laugh do you? Bring it in October.

Feedback Score
    Put cans on them and really add to the skills testing

Feedback Score
    Im thinking of getting a Spikes dedicated upper for this exact same thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Smile

Thanks for the responses guys. While it seems this thread has kind of taken a different direction, at least it seems as if you feel that training with the .22 conversion is a viable supplement to regular 5.56 training. Thanks again!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    i'll offer a counterpoint, which is worth about what you paid for it

while i love the ceiner kit, it differs in many functional ways. just a couple examples you may not have considered if you haven't held one,

you only pull the charging handle about 25% as far as you do with a normal BCG and it takes a whole lot less force. could be a bad habit to get into

being single-stack, you'll lose the habit of fingering the top round to see what side it's on so you know if a round chambered

also, i've posted this before, but my experience was seeing excessive wear on my carrier. seriously, after a couple thousand rounds, there was NO finish left on any of the contact surfaces of my regular bolt carrier. i attribute this to the ton of grit you get from the 22lr which coats the entire insides of your upper and lower receiver. I was in the habit of shooting a bunch of 22lr then shooting some 223 during the same range session. Now, i'd strongly recommend a thorough cleaning of the upper receiver between caliber changes.

on the positive side, i shoot a lot with a suppressor, and 60g agila SSS in a 1:7 twist barrel with the ceiner kit and a suppressor and pocket full of 30rnd black dog mags is FUN FUN FUN

also, i have several friends that have ceiner conversions and afaik, they ALL eat wally world federal bulk packs and hate Remington ammo.

best of luck,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing your experiences and the counterpoint. I understand that some aspects of the manual of arms will be different and therefore I wouldn't expect to be able to work on malfunction clearance etc. But like I said I was looking to use it more for practicing trigger control and movement (like transitions, turns, and shooting while moving, etc). I also appreciate the cleaning advise I'll be sure to clean the upper before swapping back to 5.56. Have a Merry Christmas!

-RD62

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12