Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 16" SPR??

Feedback Score
    You don't have to spend mint to have an AR that is light enough to move yet still capable of making hits pretty far off. I just finished this one and so far have only run cheap ammo through it but IMHO it is plenty accurate for crap rounds, I cant wait to see what it does with some good ammo.

I did a range report in the custom build fourm.

its nothing special just a BCM 16" mid SS upper on a LMT lower with the LMT two stage trigger wich I wouldn't spend money on again. Get a Gessel hands down worth every penny. The scope is a Leupold 4.5x14 LR in a Leupold mount.

Range report and specs here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101372
    Last edited by usmc1371; 03-18-12 at 23:41. Reason: specs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an 18in. Mid-length and I think a 16 will work fine with what you desire. The first thing you should save up for is quality scope rings. I'm a fan of Larue. Then get your glass, I'm in the process I saving up for quality optics myself. As far as ammo I have had good results with 55gr. Aim surplus has a good deal on PMC 62gr for what it's worth.
    Hope this helps, have fun.

Feedback Score
    Note that there's some "official" support for going to a 16" precision AR. The "Mod Holland" was a modified Mk12 Mod0 with the barrel cut down to 16"; they proved effective enough. At the same time, NSW generally rejected the 18" SPR in favor of the 16" Recce rifle.

Don't sweat the length as much as the barrel itself...and of course, how you treat it. Get a good trigger and barrel, use good ammo, and work on it until the rifle isn't outshooting you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeLT View Post
    Note that there's some "official" support for going to a 16" precision AR. The "Mod Holland" was a modified Mk12 Mod0 with the barrel cut down to 16"; they proved effective enough. At the same time, NSW generally rejected the 18" SPR in favor of the 16" Recce rifle.

Don't sweat the length as much as the barrel itself...and of course, how you treat it. Get a good trigger and barrel, use good ammo, and work on it until the rifle isn't outshooting you.
    Something like this?

Feedback Score
    Something very close to that....veeeery close...in fact, that's it

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I impulse bought a blem BCM BHF upper with a 12" La Rue rail...

What kind of difference in accuracy could I expect between this new impulse buy and my regular BCM mid 16"? (Both are 16" mids).
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I impulse bought a blem BCM BHF upper with a 12" La Rue rail...

What kind of difference in accuracy could I expect between this new impulse buy and my regular BCM mid 16"? (Both are 16" mids).
    Holy resurrection!

The better question is: are you a good enough shooter to be able to tell the difference between the two, and will your ammunition choice show that difference?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Holy resurrection!

The better question is: are you a good enough shooter to be able to tell the difference between the two, and will your ammunition choice show that difference?
    To be perfectly honest, I have no idea.

I don't currently own any scoped rifles, so I only ever really shoot irons and RDS. And that being said, I shoot general ammo, nothing match due to costs. I guess I've never taken an object test. I'd like to think that I'm decent with a rifle though.

I was thinking that this upper I impulse bought would be my first rifle with a dedicated scope, so I can learn how to use and shoot with them. Maybe the question I should be asking is if this new BHF upper will serve me well as an introduction to scoped shooting...?

(I realize that the skill of shooting is a software and not a just-throw-all-the-hardware at it type of challenge).
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123