Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For you ACOG fans check out Browe Combat Optic.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Yeah.. looks like a copy of the ACOG. Titanium, good. Batteries, bad.
    Tritium not titanium. And batteries are better because they are a hell of a lot cheaper to replace and with todays technology they last nearly as long.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Tritium not titanium. And batteries are better because they are a hell of a lot cheaper to replace and with todays technology they last nearly as long.
    Pat
    It's made from titanium. Light weight, rugged optics are nice.

Most of the advances in battery life seem Aimpoint proprietary but I agree with the substance of your observation.

It looks like an interesting optic but I need to see some serious use/reviews.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Pat
    Titanium. From the link:

"BROWE, Inc. is proud to introduce our new Titanium 4x32 Combat Optic.* It combines the best-in-practice features such as high quality optical glass, high precision machining, and rugged military design with its unique next-in-practice features that will put the BROWE Combat Optic (BCO) at the top of its class..."

Feedback Score
    A circuit board in optics scares me. How well will it work in 20 years?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Titanium. From the link:

"BROWE, Inc. is proud to introduce our new Titanium 4x32 Combat Optic.* It combines the best-in-practice features such as high quality optical glass, high precision machining, and rugged military design with its unique next-in-practice features that will put the BROWE Combat Optic (BCO) at the top of its class..."
    Whoops your right.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad_infinitum View Post
    A circuit board in optics scares me. How well will it work in 20 years?
    Lots of things in the military have had circuit boards for far longer and still work. Also if it dies you still have a viable non illuminated optic.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the perfect rifle to T&E this on!

I wonder if there will be any waves from Trijicon. The reticles look very similar. I'm just thinking out loud here. I think it's nice. I tend to lean toward lighter weighing optics.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    An ACOG Ta02 is 18.2 oz and this is around 17. Not much of a savings with titanium.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From the title I thought I was going to see a comparable optic for less money. $1400 is pretty high for a magnified red dot. It sounds like it has some decent technology but I’ll pass, if it was around the $500 mark I would be interested. With the trend of red dots going smaller, i.e. T-1 and RMR, and magnified optics going the variable power route I fail to see the point of this. Maybe if it was variable power I'd look at it seriously.

I am not knocking their product, I hope it sells well and I wish them luck. I just feel at that price you would get better eye relief than 1.4 inches and better battery life than 700 hours.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I want an EOTech XPS with one of these:

ETA: I want one that will turn on in automatic mode if vibration is sensed, and turn off after an hour if none is present. This can't be that hard can it?
    My guess is that the electronics to keep that motion sensor alive, and poll it frequently enough for it to matter would eat the battery quickly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast