Thread: Rethinking gear for next class

Feedback Score

Rethinking gear for next class

I have a 3day class coming up in March. Last year I sold all of my web gear because I wanted to "start over" and rethink the whole issue.

Ive decided I want to run this class with no chest carrier. I want to keep it simple and on the belt.

Im thinking some basic kydex ar15 pouches from the 7-9 o'clock position, 3 1911 kydex mag pouches at the 11/12ish position.

Dump pouch 5-6 as a counter weight.

Pistol holster @ 3 o'clock

I think suspenders would be a wise investment.

I just need advice on the type of belts and particular kydex pouches, nothing is equal in this industry...

Feedback Score
    you can read up here on beltshttp://https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=214

for my set up, I'm using a Daimondback Battlelab accessory belt, 2 tactical tailor 2 mag Ar pouches, Diamondback pistol pouches, and I have a Bladetech pistol holster attached with a Kifaru pistol holster adapter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the AR mag pouches from Holsters Plus in kydex. You didn't mention nylon, but another favorite pouch of mine is the Wilderness.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I'd start with your regular carry set-up, then add stuff from there.

Blade-Tech injection molded AR mag carriers work really well, are ambidextrous, and work fine with either GI or Pmags. With a TekLoc, they will fit most belts too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    heres what i run..

I have run this for about 2 years now.. and does a very good job..

I'm not a fan of using suspenders on this type of rig as it then detracts from the ease of getting on/off.

The Pad is an ICE tactical with a Enhanced GI pistol belt inside.

I don't want to over load this rig with M4 mags.. (That's what my Plate carrier rig is for)

I get two G17 mags in a TT kydex pistol mag pouch
    I get 2 M4 mags in a Eagle FB pouch

I have a small pouch for a G2 light

I just recently added the Endom Baby shingle on the right to hold a battle dressing, a bottle of lube and a Multitool.

and a CSM dump pouch.

I can use this same rig when I shoot my .22 Ceiner kit and my 27 rd BDM full size mags fir in the Eagle FB pouch. So my practice is the same.

Now I know that Pat recently changed his gear list to include the ability to carry 6 mags while on the line. But I have ran this rig in two of his classes with no problem. The key is to
    A. pay attention to you ammo management. I start with 2 mags in the pouch and one in the dump pouch and one or two some where in my BDU pants. You backfill as time permits (and it always does) prior to the next serious of drills.

I have never been on the line and ran out of ammo.. (If you know Pat.. you know why you don't... )

It stays put and allows for great mobility. I'm a big fan of the ICE pad, but there are others out there. I don't like or use rigger type belts in these pads as they are too hard to connect and then try and tuck the excess webbing back inside the pad's interior. I like the GI pistol/Duty web belts with the larger 2.5" Fastex buckle.
    Cheap, easy to adjust and the velcro of the belt marries with the inside of the pad, so once it's inside the pad.. it does not slide around.

Just my experiences...