Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 325 Thunder Ranch ?'s

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

325 Thunder Ranch ?'s

I just picked up a 325 Thunder Ranch. Anyone have one or have had one ? what are your thoughts on this 45acp wheel gun ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wanted one when they first came out, but was discouraged by the problems that a lot of guys had with them. I would suggest doing a search on the S&W forum to see the problems, then checking it out on yours. I hope you have good luck with it and would like to hear how it goes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got a very good deal on it that I could not pass up . Have yet to fire it but it seems that light primer strikes have been a major issue. I will update with the first range report .
    Last edited by bigbore40; 01-24-12 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    A lot of the newer S&W's have issues with light strikes. Send it back to Smith, and they'll put a longer firing pin in it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 325 Thunder Ranch that the wife for bought me after my deployment this past summer. I have had very good success with it. I did install an Apex Tactical extended firing pin, but that was simply because I had heard of the issues already stated about light primer strikes. You may or may not have issues. Just make sure the strain screw is screwed down all the way as it should be.

Shoot the revolver for several hundred rounds and see if you have any issues. You'll enjoy shooting the handgun. I know I enjoy shooting mine.
    Last edited by Timbonez; 01-25-12 at 09:47.

Feedback Score
    I have one, great gun. I've put plenty of rounds down range with zero issues. It's light, accurate and very controllable. I want more.... The few negative responses are over exaggerated. I know of little to no striker problems with this model let alone "with a lot of the newer S&W's". I own several "new" revolver... all have been flawless.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I will be shooting the TRR 325 for the first time this weekend . I will update with a range report .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore40 View Post
    I will be shooting the TRR 325 for the first time this weekend . I will update with a range report .
    Great, look forward to hearing how you like it. Think I'll be pulling mine out of the vault, hit the range also, it's been a while. I have about 20 moonclips I load up before going out. Loading them clips isn't the most fun. Unloading is easy, I have the tool for that.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How did the 325 TR shoot this weekend?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    How did the 325 TR shoot this weekend?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Accuracy was there, no light primer strikes alot of fun to shoot but again I realized I am not a wheel gun guy . I've tried this half a dozen times with the same results . So it is off to a new home .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast