Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked Up My AAC M4-2000 Mod 07 Today

Feedback Score

Picked Up My AAC M4-2000 Mod 07 Today

Finally got to pick up my suppressor today, but I have to wait until Wednesday to try it out

Seems to be well built and I really like the ratchet mount.

Once you put the Rockset on the flash hider, is it basically there to stay or can it be removed?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Rocksett is temporary. It's similar to loctite, but with a higher melting temp.

Feedback Score
    Just use the Rocksett as instructed. If it says use on drop, use one drop. I have a buddy that went with a couple drops and nearly destroyed his FH when he changed barrels. It really locks it on tight. I used one drop and it took a bit of torque to take mine off. Not too much, but it wasn't going to unscrew without a tool

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Loctite or Rocksett softens during use from the heat of the suppressor, does it return to its normal strength when it cools?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    If Loctite or Rocksett softens during use from the heat of the suppressor, does it return to its normal strength when it cools?
    Rocksett doesn't soften until temps of 2,015ºF.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the purchase! I don't think you'll be disappointed. What is the host gun? I'm going back and forth between wanting an M4-2000 and SPR/M4. If I decide to stay above 12.5" in barrel length, I'll go with the SPR. Why did you choose the M42k, out of curiosity?
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I don't think you'll be disappointed. What is the host gun? I'm going back and forth between wanting an M4-2000 and SPR/M4. If I decide to stay above 12.5" in barrel length, I'll go with the SPR. Why did you choose the M42k, out of curiosity?
    I can't wait to try it out. I'm going to using it primarily on a 10.5" AR I built and also on a 16" and 18" upper. If I decide to keep my RA XCR, I will use it on that also. I've also considered the SPR/M4, but I will see if I am satisfied with the M4-2000 before I buy one. I chose the M42K for the performance, looks, price, ratcheting mount, and availability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper1408 View Post
    I can't wait to try it out. I'm going to using it primarily on a 10.5" AR I built and also on a 16" and 18" upper. If I decide to keep my RA XCR, I will use it on that also. I've also considered the SPR/M4, but I will see if I am satisfied with the M4-2000 before I buy one. I chose the M42K for the performance, looks, price, ratcheting mount, and availability.
    Very good choice. If I decide to go below 12.5" I will also go with an M4-2000, but above that I'll stick with an SPR/M4. Tough choice...
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    Got to try out my suppressor Wed afternoon. I'm pleased with it. It makes my AR sound like a .22LR. I was using an Ares piston conversion on it and I'm going to try it out on a DI upper to see if it makes much of a difference as other have said. Overall, I'm quite happy with AAC.
    Last edited by Peacekeeper1408; 12-20-07 at 22:25. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper1408 View Post
    Got to try out my suppressor Wed afternoon. I'm pleased with it. It makes my AR sound like a .22LR. I was using an Ares piston conversion on it and I'm going to try it out on a DI upper to see if it makes much of a difference as other have said. Overall, I'm quite happy with AAC.
    Good to hear - post the results. I shot DI side by side with piston guns at the AAC Silencer Shoot last September, but wasn't really able to tell the difference due to all the commotion going on around me. The M4-2000 is #2 on my list behind an SPR/M4.
    --Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast