Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Les baer seems absent

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Les baer seems absent

doesn't seem to be much about Baers here, just curious as to why????? Not looking to flame or start a whizzin contest, just curious .............

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldgrunt View Post
    doesn't seem to be much about Baers here, just curious as to why????? Not looking to flame or start a whizzin contest, just curious .............
    I have one. Shoots VERY accurate, but has a malfunction every few hundred rounds. It sits in the safe while I use other, more reliable 1911's
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It has seemed to me, a lot of the negative sentiment from his over priced and under performing AR's carries throughout the board. I may be completely off and I am sure there are other reasons, but that is just what I have noticed.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Baer 1911's rock however.. Ron
    Last edited by Kokopelli; 01-26-12 at 10:36.
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have had opportunities to shoot his 1911's - very nice.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two. They run, and my second one is an absolute tack driver that I need to really get more training and practice before I can keep up with the pistol.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    It has seemed to me, a lot of the negative sentiment from his over priced and under performing AR's carries throughout the board. I may be completely off and I am sure there are other reasons, but that is just what I have noticed.
    This pretty much sums it up.

Feedback Score
    I have 5 LB 1911's and they all run just perfect.(NOW )

Having said that,they ALL had to have at least 500 rds down the tube before than ran 100%. Especially my 9mm PII that was a jam-a-matic until I started using Wilson ETM mags.

They have to be run WET with lube during the break in due to the "hard-fit' build philosophy that Les uses in constructing his 1911's.

And,as much as I love his pistols,I wouldn't even consider one of his AR's.
    Too little bang for the buck in my opinion.

DAT85

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAT85 View Post
    I have 5 LB 1911's and they all run just perfect.
    I think this guy is FOS. If he really had five he'd post pic/s.

Got one and another on order. Best ROI of any 1911
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    I bought mine used (just ran across the bill of sale the other day- 1200 used in 2/2001.) It has ran perfectly from day one- even though it does have the 1.5 inch package. Every les baer I've witnessed in use has ran like a top! My local dealer sells them as his primary high end 1911 product. Mine and others I have seen will run everything without adjustment from super light wadcutter target loads to plus p hollow points. A friend of mine bought one of the first ones in our area years ago- he actually tried to produce a stoppage- bad mags with cracked feed lips, ammo that gave functional problems in other guns- it still ran perfect. They tend to be priced quite a bit lower than wilson nighthawk and other semi customs too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast