Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Les baer seems absent

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    At this point I find my self running one of the following when I shoot 1911's. Either of my Nighthawk Vickers, the Super Tac or my Harrison. When my second Harrison is finished along with another 1911 project thats in the works (that I will unveil when its finished) they will start to get the bulk of my time. I went to Glocks a while ago but still shoot a good amount of 1911.s
    I wake up most days envious of your problems when at the range. I really do.

I concur with the assessment that it takes a case of ammunition before they're really smooth enough to run perfectly - but if you lack the budget and patience to get a functional piece of art like a Harrison or Heirloom custom, I do think the Baers are the nicest looking semi-customs out there.

Kokopelli - I'm assuming those are Esmeralda grips -- shouldn't have had the wife around when I saw those.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post

I concur with the assessment that it takes a case of ammunition before they're really smooth enough to run perfectly - but if you lack the budget and patience to get a functional piece of art like a Harrison or Heirloom custom, I do think the Baers are the nicest looking semi-customs out there.

Kokopelli - I'm assuming those are Esmeralda grips -- shouldn't have had the wife around when I saw those.
    Wait until you see the final two projects. I will simply say that they will be outstanding examples of a Full House custom. The one will be a surprise because he hasn't done builds for people for a number of years.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post

Indeed.. Both are Esmeralda "one-offs".. Beautiful.. and her grips ain't bad either.. LOL.. Cheers.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I'd rather have a production level Colt with GI spec slop in the frame and slide.
    Why??

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The one will be a surprise because he hasn't done builds for people for a number of years.

Feedback Score
    Wait until you see the final two projects. I will simply say that they will be outstanding examples of a Full House custom. The one will be a surprise because he hasn't done builds for people for a number of years.
    Have I mentioned my insane jealousy of your projects lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Why??
    in theory, less chance of binding because of fouling or crap?

Feedback Score
    I've got a Concept IV and it is my favorite 1911 probably. I also have some nice examples to compare it to.

Feedback Score
    I've found my Baers (3 in all) horribly reliable...
    (and I think they're a good value as well.)

Last edited by nolt; 02-08-12 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My brother and I bought a matched set of commander sized LB's (consecutive serial numbers too). We both have user-grade 1911's, so the purchase was to have a special set between brothers, and not really meant to be used.

His ran, mine didn't. Even after 1.5k rounds, mine just didn't run right. I've just left it in the safe, as I don't really need to use it. Then an interesting bit of info came along. Someone told me that our set was rather unusual, because most consecutive serial number sets from LB were Gov't/Commander, not Commander/Commander. Comparing our two guns, looks like mine was a chopped Gov't, while my brother's was a properly made commander.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 02-08-12 at 11:45.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast