Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern VA Ranges

Feedback Score

Northern VA Ranges

Where are people shooting in the northern VA area?

I've been going to Silver Eagle Group in Herndon, VA for the past couple months. The facility has been completely rebuilt since October of 2011 and it looks great. I'm thinking about taking a couple classes here as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to shoot there each weekend but then moved farther away, still in northern VA but far enough that I don't go to SEG anymore. Now I shoot pistols at Sharpshooters in Lorton, VA.

Feedback Score
    I shoot at NRA. Cheaper than SEG but not as many lanes. I do like that NRA requires a written range safety test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah I shoot NRA too. Herndon is about an hour with traffic, but may be worth checking out I guess.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why I wrote Herndon. It's actually Ashburn but not much further at all.

44620 Guilford Dr, Suite 100, Ashburn, VA

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In addition to those mentioned, there's Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. NRA and SEG have the best facilities, though I'm basing that off of having been to SEG before their most recent mods. If they didn't alter their target carriages to something with a simpler menu tree, then just about anything they'll have done is cosmetic, only; worth a look.

Try to not go to ANY of them on the weekends the Nation's Gun Show is in town at the Dulles Expo Center. Seems like every untrained mouth-breather and white-collar poindexter in the area goes to the show, buys a gun, then hits one of the ranges to see how many people they can flag.

It's like the cantina scene from Star Wars on those weekends, and the next one is right around the corner, 10-12 Feb.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Try to not go to ANY of them on the weekends the Nation's Gun Show is in town at the Dulles Expo Center.
    He's right, it's a guaranteed disaster going to a local range on a gunshow weekend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Moyock, NC is within a few hours drive. I've looked into taking some courses there, only about 2:45 from Richmond. Probably around 5 from Herndon.

I'm in the same boat with trying to figure out where to go, pretty much hoping to get some land soon enough so I can setup my own site and be free to do w/e.
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 01-31-12 at 13:46.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High View, WV is even closer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    High View, WV is even closer.
    didn't even think about that.

In my no sot distant youth, I used to head up into the Appalachians around South Mountain in PA and shoot along the Fire-trails and Power-lines running across the mountain. Completely isolated and pretty much unlimited distance, miles in either direction. I'm not too sure on the legality nowadays... but if you're suppressed you'd be tough to pin down.....
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 01-31-12 at 13:52.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast