Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern VA Ranges

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    He's talking about Echo Valley Training Center,west of Winchester, which hosts a lot of classes: http://echovalleytrainingcenter.com/

...I think...!
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    My main issue is that SEG only has a 75 yard range. Where are people firing 100+?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    He's talking about Echo Valley Training Center,west of Winchester, which hosts a lot of classes: http://echovalleytrainingcenter.com/

...I think...!
    Correct you are sir!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're wanting to shoot far and stay in northern VA, good luck finding a place and when you do, let me know!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Get on the waiting list for Fairfax Rod and Gun club. My father is a member there, and that place is very nice.
    Last edited by JBecker 72; 02-09-12 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever been to this place?

http://www.range82.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's not exactly NoVA but if you head down 81 to Harrisonburg then cruise 33 to WV there is a forest service range with a covered 100yd rifle range and a 25yd pistol area. Lots of Bubbas out on the weekends and evenings but if I'm coming through the area on a weekday it's usually empty or darn near it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been to the range on 33 many times during college, its not so hot. When I've been the last few times there's always alot of people there. Mostly bubbas and dumbass college kids. No sense of muzzle awareness, nobody to supervise the idiots if there are any and it can be uncomfortable walking downrange to change targets with a bunch of strangers around. Especially if you've already seen them ****ing around and being stupid!

Also ran into many of the Bubba crowd who ask me about my guns and then tell me that they're good examples of the guns people shouldn't own. It gives hunters a bad image to be associated with us other kind of gun owners. Those evil black rifles, short barreled shotguns and the like. Usually I shrug it off and keep shooting but I haven't been there in months as a result of the people I keep meeting. The sad part is I used to be one of those dumbass college kids a few years ago.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's definitely an "interesting" place. This time of year there aren't usually many people around. I've been twice this month and haven't seen anyone else.
    I usually stay at the pistol range as the berms ate big and I can have 2 targets set up and draw and shoot from my CCW and get in odd positions unlike the indoor range in the area.
    I also bring my own homemade target stands (pvc & 1x2) with room to staple several targets each and set one up at the 50 and one at the 100. I also bring binocs so I don't have to go down range of others are around and not ready to walk when I am.
    I've been thinking about some steel targets so I can stay put.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Can you even get range time at Echo Valley? Their website only talks about the training groups. Its 2 hours from me, but I'd be happy to make a day out of it if the price was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Meth0d View Post
    Anyone ever been to this place?

http://www.range82.com/
    Did you ever try it? Looks like it may have potential. Their range hours are really weird though...
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-05-12 at 14:09.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast