Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad is RRA?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
    I hear a lot of people on here say they are shitty, but I have not heard a single person say why.

Seems like there is a lot of regurgitation going on.
    My sample of one sucked because every range session, after firing a few rounds, the bolt would lock into the chamber, would not unlock, and I would be done shooting for the day.
    Last edited by William B.; 01-26-12 at 23:41.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
    Why did you just reply with a link that has absolutely nothing on RRA?

Did you even bother to read it before you posted it?
    Yeah, I know what I posted, and there is good reason for posting it.

They make such a low-end product that they didn't respond to Rob when he was putting the chart together. That should speak volumes, if anyone was listening.

The fact is, if you want information, there is a search button - it works quite well - that you can use to gather information as to the more technical aspects of why Rock River isn't worth buying.

Now, here are a couple of homework assignments....

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65729

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 01-26-12 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    Yeah, I know what I posted, and there is good reason for posting it.

They make such a low-end product that they didn't respond to Rob when he was putting the chart together. That should speak volumes, if anyone was listening.

The fact is, if you want information, there is a search button - it works quite well - that you can use to gather information as to the more technical aspects of why Rock River isn't worth buying.
    God forbid Rock River Arms didn't respond to the all-knowing rob_s.

According to your logic, the quality of a product is dependent on a company's response to rob_s.

Absolutely ridiculous.

And I have used the search button and came up with nothing about why

If you can't back up your info, why should I believe you aren't doing anything more than regurgitating someone else's opinion?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an RRA 9mm SBR. It is mediocre to be honest. Hold the 8" RRA 9mm next to an 8" Noveske 300BLK platform and you can quickly tell the difference just in the quality of parts and exactness of fitting.

RRA works but there are much better guns out there for the same price.

Feedback Score
    This may not speak for their entire weapon set ups, but I gave them a chance when I bought their NM 2 stage trigger. The trigger completely shit the bed in under 1000 rounds. The first stage disappeared and then it began to double fire not too long after. If you do some searching you will find that many other people had similar results. I for one will not be giving my money to a company that is content with puttung out a sub par product. There may be RRA rifles out there that work fine, but there are certainly better options. If your going to get a rifle for self-defense do you really want to rely on a company that cuts corners?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    IMO rra is the most over hyped brand out there.
    Right after the awb expired in 04 I went out and bought my first ar which was a rra. At the time colts were non existant and all you could find were bushy and rra. I chose rra because the "fit and finish" were better and the recievers were tighter... Basically back before I knew any better. In the subsequent year after taking some classes I experienced a loose gas key, a loose castle nut and the associated failures, which while easily remedied, were a pita to have to deal with. Needless to say in 08 I traded it off towards a s&w m&p15 and never looked back.
    I think most hit the nail on the head saying for the money there are much better choices out there.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-27-12 at 00:32.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Until the ACR matures, the AR will be my platform of choice. It would be nice to have a reliable AR that shoots 7.62x39 and takes AK mags; KAC would make a quick buck off me by offering the SR-47 (and PDW) for sale. Disappointing that RRA chose a mag release paddle/lever instead of a release button.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc12pimp View Post
    Nope, that was the DEA. CBP/USBP issues Colt M4A1 carbines.
    Yeah that's right it was the DEA. I wonder how that worked out for them.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge they went back to Colt although they still have them in service.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Yeah that's right it was the DEA. I wonder how that worked out for them.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post

RRA works but there are much better guns out there for the same price.
    I think this is what it really boils down to. Why in the name of God would you not pay an extra $50 or $100 (Or the SAME price in some cases) for a rifle that is built better.

To me it is like a Ford Taurus costing $500 less than an M3...and people defend the Taurus for being "just as good"
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast