Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "I am Legend" Perfect SHTF AR15 Carbine

Feedback Score

"I am Legend" Perfect SHTF AR15 Carbine

I can’t believe there isn’t a thread on this already, but Will Smith's "I am Legend" AR15 seemed to be perfectly conceived for a SHTF weapon.

16" barrel for mobility and respectable ballistics
    Adjustable stock
    "Tactical" light
    Low level fixed power magnification for simplicity, keeping distance, target identification at range, and general surveillance.
    Quad rail with panels to protect naked hands

It was pretty much everything a person of practicality would need in a SHTF situation. It wont be long till Robert Neville AR15 clones start popping up in picture threads

On a side note, notice the tactics of Will Smith throughout the movie. Evade, run and avoid fights whenever possible.

It was a good movie all around. I give it ***1/2
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First off, read the Matheson Book, it's much better. The themes present in the book are much more serious and the ending is nowhere near as cuddly as the movie. In the book, he's a regular guy who is just out to kill the infected. He kills them while they sleep, instead of trying to cure them, in the book, he only wants to find the nest where they all gather. Where in the movie he ran and avoided fights, if it stayed true to the book, he would've saw that as a jackpot, had a UV light attached to his AR and killed them.

Second off, I'd prefer an Eotech given his environment. Those things move way too fast to engage with an ACOG at close distance. The ACOG is useful for IDing a target, but couldn't he just use a monocular instead?

Also, I'd want a 14.5in barrel, easy to come by with all the .mil M4's laying around, and you wouldn't care about NFA when you go to put on a Phantom. 14.5 can perform with M193 out to 100 yards, and still make hits past that point to wherever you can. I'd rather not have a government mandated 1.5 inches sticking out of my gun when I'm clearing a dark building where they can really use the muzzle as leverage if it sticks past a corner.

His gun handling was pretty shabby at times, didn't really look like they emphasized him looking familiar with it, at least during the scenes in which he shot it.

I'd give the movie **1/2 . Strayed from the book and it suffered because of that. Would've been much better and more deep if they kept the cute ending out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Of course if they stayed true to the book the movie would have abruptly ended after 45 minutes

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't believe I'm debating this, but if you are using a 1.5x ACOG, you won't have any issues up close, and I'd much, much rather have that than a battery operated EOTECH.

That's all I'm sayin'.....
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think I'd prefer a 10" gun with a T1 Aimpoint on it..............wait I have one of those.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I can't believe I'm debating this...
    There is a certain retardation in debating hollywood weapon set ups.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I won't get into the carbine setup...

Besides the title and the name of the character the book and movie had nothing in common. While it's a very good movie it doesn't follow the book at all. Read the book and see the movie but don't try and compare the two.

Next on my reading list is Matheson's "Hell House"

Feedback Score
    I also thought it would be difficult to hit those things at close range with the Acog. I think I'd prefer a Aimpoint in his situation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't seen the movie and don't know who made it, but I will hazard that they just selected a tacticool looking M4 and threw it in there.

Saw most of "Omega Man" last night. I'd seen it a long time ago and wanted to give it another look, w/ all the hoopla about the remake (is it just me or iabout 40% of movies out these days remakes? but I digress). I fell asleep halfway through - from fatigue, not the movie. I'm going to try to finish it tonight. A few things I took away:
    1. I had forgotten how much Charleton Heston is "The MAN"
    2. TEOTW is cool because there will be no more annoying Christmas shoppers
    3. " is cool because of conscience-free looting.

I am going to check out the movie. I hate Will Smith only because everyone likes him.

For anyone who is into movies, they are currently turning Cormac McCarthy's (No Country for Old Men author) cannibalistic post-apocalyptic novel The Road into a movie. Viggo Mortensen stars, John Hillicoat (The Proposition) directs.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post

Second off, I'd prefer an Eotech given his environment. Those things move way too fast to engage with an ACOG at close distance. The ACOG is useful for IDing a target, but couldn't he just use a monocular instead?
    Where do you propose to get the batteries?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast