Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any news from SHOT about the S&B 1-8x Short Dot?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    The S&B was massively disappointing, which is a true shame. I really wanted it to be awesome. It wasn't.

Seems like the 1-8x is just an elusive bar to hit. And I'll say the TMR version of the CQBSS is junk. The H27D version is in fact sort of awesome.
    I had a chance to shoot an H27D on loan to a military chap at the range where i shoot and while nice, It seemed like having the dot in the FFP was a hindrance at higher mag. This is obviously rectified by simply turning off the illumination when mag'ing up for longer shots. But knowing that the S&B 1-8 was going to address this issue made the S&B all the more attractive.

Overall I felt the H27D was a nice optic and I would probably buy one and be happy were it a $2500 item, but at $4k'ish it just left me feeling like it should have been better.

But I'm just a civilian shooter who appreciates quality. The CQBSS was obviously designed to fill a niche at the request of a particular user group. Not knocking it, just saying it isn't for me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The H27D CQBSS is now 3000 dollars. FYI. S&B raised their price. Leupold dropped theirs.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The H27D CQBSS is now 3000 dollars. FYI. S&B raised their price. Leupold dropped theirs.
    Well that is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    I am going to be purchasing one of these in the near future, any idea as to when the price is to drop from $4500 to $3k? I will feel like an idiot if they come down in price after I get one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Don't forget Leupold offers an outstanding discount for LEO/MIL on the MK8 CQBSS with a price point in the $2,500 range!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USGILT View Post
    Don't forget Leupold offers an outstanding discount for LEO/MIL on the MK8 CQBSS with a price point in the $2,500 range!
    That is a terrific incentive, but I am no longer MIL.
    I had seen a price a while back that was apparently dealer cost at around $3600 for the H27 CQBSS.

I will agree with being disappointed in the S&B 1-8x.

I went to the show just to look at optics and the Leupold offering that is available now is IMO a better scope for a few reasons.

I totally missed the Premier booth, I wanted to see the 1-8 they are working on but I guess it will not be available any time soon either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USGILT View Post
    Sir, PM sent.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12