I'm a fan of bullpups in general and AUG types in particular. That is why I own a TPD AXR, an MSAR 5.45x39, and an AUG A3. I shoot them all. I've not had problems with any of them. I also used to own both a STG556 and also an E4 5.56 but I sold them because I needed the money at the time and I had spares. The STG556 is on patrol with the local PD, the E4 went to a soldier I know.

I have never had any problems with any of them. I mostly run the 5.45x39 E4 for the cheap ammo.

I have even swithced the barrels aroud with success (because only the TPD barrel was threaed 1/2x28 from the get go) because of my use of silencers with them.

All that said, at this time I would go with the AUG as the parts are not all compatable and you are better able to gets parts and service with the AUG. I don't think that you made a mistake getting the MSAR unless you paid too much and in that veing, I do not consider the Jaeger model to be worth the premium based on alleged collectability. especially for something I would shoot anyways. I own one gun of which there is maybe only 300 of them and I shoot and even sometimes carry it. I'm a shooter, not a collector.

TED