Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green tip

Feedback Score

Green tip

Hello All,
    I Just shot 223 GREEN TIP 62 GRAIN FULL METAL JACKET MADE IN BOSNIA. I had 2 problems with it. First the case would not eject, and or two it would eject but not chamber the next round. Here are the facts. I shot this ammo with 4 different magazines 4 separate uppers and lowers. The time it did function properly was with my FAB 10 with a bushmaster upper. Any ideas why this ammo does not work? The magazines were both 5.56 and .223. Also all other ammo I use works just fine. Thank you.

E

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by g3driver View Post
    Any ideas why this ammo does not work?
    Because it's SHITTY import ammo with bad propellant.

The only good thing that can come of it will be saving the brass. Then, you, or someone who reloads can make decent ammo out of it.

(edit - I should qualify this by saying that I haven't bought any of this stuff. But this isn't the first report of this type of problem with this ammo. AND it's kinda become the norm with much of the import ammo of late.)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    What is funny to me is people have issues with the ammo and I have shot 4K of ADCOM 99 HS and 3K of Olympic without any issues in a Middy and a A2. I have shot 300 Hotshot/Ingman and no issues so far. I just think it is odd that is all. I do have a new CAR-15 maybe that will have issues with my ADCOM and Olympic because if the gas system.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That stuff is really designed around piston rifles, like the Serbian M21 AK and the HK G36.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    That stuff is really designed around piston rifles, like the Serbian M21 AK and the HK G36.
    That is an interesting point. The first wave of PRIV M193 which wouldn't run a lot of full length rifle Rifles, including all three of the 20 inch ARs I tested it in, would run just fine in my DAEWOO DR-200 (piston gun).

As far as OLYMIC ammo goes... this is the first time that I've EVER read anything other than negative comments about that junk.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by g3driver View Post
    Hello All,
    I Just shot 223 GREEN TIP 62 GRAIN FULL METAL JACKET MADE IN BOSNIA.
    Is this the same ammo offered by Ammoman.com?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I believe so. That Igman poo poo.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the heads up before I order any.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Because it's SHITTY import ammo with bad propellant.

The only good thing that can come of it will be saving the brass. Then, you, or someone who reloads can make decent ammo out of it.
    Don't hold back... Say what you really think... Lol...
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it were selling for $4 per box, I'd buy it, and struggle through it for the Brass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast