Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: FULL- 2008 Vickers Tactical Hackathorn/Vickers Low Light Level II Pistol/Carbine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I had a stoppage with it - however I think it was my bumping the bolt catch.

I think Erik L had one to.

My biggest issue was the controls where awkward for me.
    I road the bolt catch with my thumb like a 1911 (I think), Ken squared me away as I stood there befuddled. If I were to own one, I would take a hacksaw to the lower part of the stock and remove the "thumbhole". That strip of plastic made me have some weird wrist/ hand position and probably was the cause of my Malf. I also had to hunt for the dot when I shouldered it, the scope seemed much lower than on a AR platform. I liked it enough to look for a used reasonably priced/ cheap storm to play with.

I did like the 9mm AR's, they were fast handling and fun to shoot, but they seem to be super picky in the magazine department. I actually found great humor in watching people load up a magazine to capacity and then give them a little tap only to see the rounds spit out of the magazine in rapid succession.
    Last edited by ErikL; 12-05-08 at 04:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikL View Post
    I road the bolt catch with my thumb like a 1911 (I think), Ken squared me away as I stood there befuddled. If I were to own one, I would take a hacksaw to the lower part of the stock and remove the "thumbhole". That strip of plastic made me have some weird wrist/ hand position and probably was the cause of my Malf. I also had to hunt for the dot when I shouldered it, the scope seemed much lower than on a AR platform. I liked it enough to look for a used reasonably priced/ cheap storm to play with.

I did like the 9mm AR's, they were fast handling and fun to shoot, but they seem to be super picky in the magazine department. I actually found great humor in watching people load up a magazine to capacity and then give them a little tap only to see the rounds spit out of the magazine in rapid succession.

Something I just learned; you can fold the iron sights down so they are completely out of the way if you want. You still have to look through the towers, but it opens the field of view up slightly. I had some issues with picking up the dot at first on Ken's gun as well.

Oh; and the "arm" on the stock does tend to cause your forearm to roll out slightly. I'm also still looking for a way to increase the size of the magazine release.

Feedback Score
    Based upon what Ken had to say about the Storm and my fam fire with it, I bought a barely used one at the Medina gun show the following weekend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Grant - I was just hacking on you -- the magazine issues I had with your gun I found very surprising, I used to have a Colt RO934 SMG that was flawless thru several thousand rounds - of course I had a good supply of Colt mags too.

I really wish we had been able to use 5.56mm Frang, as I am not a big 9mm long gun fan - except for a supressed system.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikL View Post
    That was my ammo trying desperately to return to the rightful owner.

Next time I'm gonna have the shaman use goat blood to pronounce a more aggressive voodoo curse on my ammo can. Apparently the chicken blood wasn't strong enough to get the job done.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I'm gonna have the shaman use goat blood
    I heard that Super Dave can help you with that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post

Isn't this the scene where they freeze frame and roll credits?
    Those guys kinda remind me of "The Anchorman" anchorcrew.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920