Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ILLINOIS ATTENTION... READ NOW !

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really want to know what an "assault rifle attachment" is.

Feedback Score
    I really want to know who the hell keeps voting these asshats into office. Hopefully the NRA can knock this one down with another lawsuit. As a police officer I hope and pray everyday that concealed carry will come to Illinois. But with nonsense like this continuing to come down the pipe I don't know if it will ever happen. This state is in sad sad shape. And don't even get me started on Chicago

Feedback Score
    Citizens have the power, not the politicians. The people who voted these politicians in should be hung, along with their choice. Registration is the first step towards future confiscation.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know where to start, this state is pathetic and I can't wait to PCS. I feel like it is a lost state that is continually sinking further and further into debt.... Sorry if this is your home state but I really dislike it here.
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I've met hundreds and hundreds of rank and file, Chicago-area cops in the last decade, and some who were not so rank and file-- like high-ranking types.

I have never heard a one of them speak out against gun ownership, and in fact have heard many speak in favor of it. Some of them, including at least one chief, are vocal and active in their support of gun rights.

I also never met one that didn't despise the political machine there.
    I agree. Most cops, myself included, oppose gun control. There is very little (no) chance of this bill becoming law. It is a political statement. This type of nonsense is an annual event in the Peoples Republic of Illinois.

Feedback Score
    I agree that there is little chance this could pass, but the mere fact that these moronic bills keep showing up should be a sign. Illinois really needs to clean house and get rid of all the corruption already.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The way I see it the only thing this bill will accomplish is making it difficult for not only the good, law abiding citizens of this state but also for the LEO's who carry our AR's daily as a tool of our trade. Most ammo dealers will not ship ammo into Cook county, this bill would likely change that to cover the rest of the state.

It will make sourcing the parts & accessories we need more difficult and local cop-shops will likely raise their prices.

The worst effect of this shitty bill will basically make IL off limits for carbine instructors to travel here to teach classes in IL. Even if the state offered some sort of waiver or exemption for instructors to come in to train LE courses, I doubt any of them would bother to come here due to the hassle.

Eddie Acevedo was never a street cop. He was always an aspiring politician, even when he worked in the jail.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Step 1 to clean up is get rid of the Madigans and Beavers. Then Quinn and The Durbins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ehhhhhhh this gave me gas...
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I've met hundreds and hundreds of rank and file, Chicago-area cops in the last decade, and some who were not so rank and file-- like high-ranking types.

I have never heard a one of them speak out against gun ownership, and in fact have heard many speak in favor of it. Some of them, including at least one chief, are vocal and active in their support of gun rights.

I also never met one that didn't despise the political machine there.
    I agree
    Last edited by Bulldog7972; 03-12-12 at 18:16.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast