Thread: 300AAC barrel & compensator ?

Feedback Score

300AAC barrel & compensator ?

hey guys, i haven't yet posted any info or pics of my first AR build, but I'll get around to it.

but for now, I'm looking for help in the blackout area. i love the idea of being able to get a barrel, forend, and upper, and having a whole
    "new" gun at the range.

problem being, i am in NY, so 16" min length, and our muzzle devices are very specific.

my .223 is great, and i love it, but the stainless bull barrel even at 16" is heavy as hell. are there any blackout barrels that don't weigh a ton, but will still be accurate enough for hog hunting?

for the muzzle device, i assume everyone is just going with an AR-10 device? or are there specific 300AAC devices?

thanks for the help, and please keep in mind i am on a low budget, i don't rely on this rifle for HD, and i don't get a ton of range time, so a $6000 barrel isn't useful to me.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Wilson makes stainless steel barrel in two profiles, they are 16" and threaded. I'm sure you could get them to make one without threads and at 16" I could be mistaken, but double check the NY laws because I though you couldn't have threads, even under a pinned/welded brake? Make sure the brake is "approved" so there's no flash reduction.

You could also shop around and find a decent priced preban lower and not worry about it.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/300-AAC-.../products/397/
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    The threads have to have a pinned and welded ny legal compensator on them.

Sent from my MB860

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    The threads have to have a pinned and welded ny legal compensator on them.

Sent from my MB860
    Ok, your in business then! Just get the Wilson or AAC barrel, pick the legal NY brake and have it pinned/welded by ADCO. Make sure your get .30 caliber and 5/8x24 threads
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!