Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCM blem lower re-anodized

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Wouldn't it have been smarter to spend that money on some extra ammunition or magazines? Maybe a decent light?
    Unless its essential to your career or lifestyle guns are luxury items anyway, why not just do what you want with it.

Even if he throws it in his closet and never looks at it again hes still supporting good companies.

Thats like saying even if he Sprayed it... the $15 he spent on paint could of bought him a Pmag.

Even though there are better things to spend $166 on in regards to function of the rifle...
    I admittedly am very interested in what it will look like completed.
    Im a fan f the DD FDE

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Just offering my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Unless its essential to your career or lifestyle guns are luxury items anyway, why not just do what you want with it.

Even if he throws it in his closet and never looks at it again hes still supporting good companies.

Thats like saying even if he Sprayed it... the $15 he spent on paint could of bought him a Pmag.

Even though there are better things to spend $166 on in regards to function of the rifle...
    I admittedly am very interested in what it will look like completed.
    Im a fan f the DD FDE

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Just offering my opinion.

Had I understood from the beginning that you meant marshmallows, I would have been with you 100%.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Let me see. I'm a flashaholic. Have plenty of lights. Ammo? Enough to hold off a small army. I have enough mags for my ammo. Training? Check. I guess marshmallows aren't a bad idea.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I told Victor to build it up enough to keep it to spec whatever they are.

That is physically impossible.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    That is physically impossible.
    That would be my concern as well. Re-anodizing never seems to be the best idea.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's fine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's fine.
    I'm not saying you did anything wrong or your lower is now out of spec. I would just be concerned that it may happen, that's all.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry that came out wrong. Meant to say, I'm fine with it if it's slightly out of spec. I have plenty of go-to (work and personal) ARs. This set will be a "beater" build if you will so I'm not entirely concerned if the holes are slightly larger than the norm or if it scratches easily because of the type 2 anodizing.
    It was something fun I wanted to try out. I know I'm treading on thin ice here by posting the modification but hey, you only live once.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sorry that came out wrong. Meant to say, I'm fine with it if it's slightly out of spec. I have plenty of go-to (work and personal) ARs. This set will be a "beater" build if you will so I'm not entirely concerned if the holes are slightly larger than the norm or if it scratches easily because of the type 2 anodizing.
    It was something fun I wanted to try out. I know I'm treading on thin ice here by posting the modification but hey, you only live once.
    It's all good man. Like I said earlier, if you have other rifles and do something like this to try it out, that's great. It's when people have one rifle and choose appearance as their priority over reliability that it's looked down upon. I think what you did, as a side project, is perfectly fine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast