Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    process.
    3. Buy a quality lower preferably from a company that will service it after it has been SBRed. Olympic Arms doesn't count and neither does any cast 1980s crap.
    What's wrong with my forged Oly lower that's SBR'd? It's given me years of faithful service without a hitch. Please explain why my Oly lower doesn't pack the gear to serve as a SBR so others aren't swayed.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Considering a stripped lower is $150+/-, and engraving is $50+/-, and the SBR tax is $200, you're looking at a stripped lower that you have put $400 into+/- (not to mention shipping to and from the engraver), and that you will be lucky to get $100 for on the used market. And even then you'll have your name and location from the engraving out there floating around for whoever winds up with the lower.

I'd guesstimate $450 invested in the lower and $75 resale value.
    Buy a factory SBR and solve the problem. For example, and LE6921 runs around the same price as a LE6920.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Buy a factory SBR and solve the problem. For example, and LE6921 runs around the same price as a LE6920.

Where? I'd like to get an LE6921, but they're $1695 at SAW.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-01-11 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a Noveske and luckily was able to skip most.

Unfortunately I did have Orion Arms do the engraving and I'm not too happy. He slopped black paint in the engraved area and smeared it around with a paper towel of some sort. There was a little dried lint I had to remove.

Your post seems to have a lot of sass to it. Same thing I'd expect to see when 20 people complain about their Aimpoint clones breaking. I like it. Pretty funny.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    While not quite the same price as a 6920, Knesek Guns lists the 6921 for $1442.
    That's much better. If they have them, it would save me more than the cost of the NFA stamp.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    You can buy a SBR upper & have it shipped to your residence legally, however, if it's anywhere around a non-registered lower, you are in possession of a SBR & "can" be banged by the feds for intent to manufacture a SBR. That's a felony. Your dealer cannot release a suppressor to you before your Form 4 comes back, right? It's the same concept with a short upper. So, no, you cannot legally obtain one before your stamp is returned approved. Do what you want & folks will tell you to have it shipped to or stored with someone else who doesn't own any AR's if you want to order one before your stamp comes back. Negatron. You're still in constructive possession.

Will your hatch be forced by the feds looking for SBR's with you not already having a stamp? Prolly not, but you've asked the question on a public board that's monitored by feds. I wouldn't risk it since now you know. Complete the proper procedure first without breaking the law so you don't have that on your conscience. Don't fall into the instant gratification syndrome of wanting a SBR upper before hand, like so many do on these boards & then try to justify the felony by having it stored at another location.
    Ian

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And I look at that this way- I can prove to them the constructive intent to build one legally when they're in possession of my forms and check and I'm just waiting patiently.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Where to get or Print Form 1?

I would like to know where to order Form 1 or print Form 1 for SBR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ATF forms ordering

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I would like to know where to order Form 1 or print Form 1 for SBR?

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast