Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    What question (k) means? Is this weapon being reactivated? Yes or No???
    While the answer is usually "No", it wouldn't hurt you to read the instructions on the form.

Reactivation. The restoration of a registered unserviceable NFA firearm to a functional condition. This action incurs the making tax liability.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDIT: Oops, apologies, I think I dont I posted this in the correct spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-19-17 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What do put for Original Manufacturer if you build a 80% Clone of a Colt M4A1 or Colt MK18 MOD1 and getting it engraved as one? Am I the Original Manufacturer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    What do put for Original Manufacturer if you build a 80% Clone of a Colt M4A1 or Colt MK18 MOD1 and getting it engraved as one? Am I the Original Manufacturer?
    Yes.

80% AR lowers, AK flats, Form 1 suppressors, anything that doesn't start life as a firearm with a serial number...your name also goes in 4a as Original Manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank You Sir, BigWayan.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never mind....got it...thx
    Last edited by p7fl; 03-11-19 at 12:59. Reason: Figured out the answer .. eventually

Feedback Score
    Looking for more current information on submitting a forum 1 as an individual for an SBR. I have already had my lower receiver engraved and now need to submit the paperwork. I am planning to do eFile. I know I need fingerprint cards x 2 and passport sized photo x 2. What else do I need?

When efiling, do I submit the form online and then mail in the forum with fingerprint cards and photos? Also is the CLEO sign off even a thing any longer or do I just need to but the CLEO name, dept and address on the form.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    Looking for more current information on submitting a forum 1 as an individual for an SBR. I have already had my lower receiver engraved and now need to submit the paperwork. I am planning to do eFile. I know I need fingerprint cards x 2 and passport sized photo x 2. What else do I need?

When efiling, do I submit the form online and then mail in the forum with fingerprint cards and photos? Also is the CLEO sign off even a thing any longer or do I just need to but the CLEO name, dept and address on the form.
    You submit your picture and form digitally, however, you must make sure that your form is signed, so make sure to do that before you upload the form.

At the end of it all, you don't need a CLEO sign off, just to notify them by sending a copy of the form to the sheriff's office or Attorney General of the state. Even if it gets returned to you, it's considered valid notification.

You will get a "cover sheet" that goes in the envelope with your finger print cards. Remember not to fold them.

FWIW, don't over think it too much. I missed the signature on my Responsible Persons form once, and even with the ATF agent reaching out, I had my Form 1 stamp in hand, from submission to final email, in 17 days.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-02-20 at 07:35.

Feedback Score
    @HeruMew - Thank you for the information. One more question regarding fingerprint cards. Do I have to use a specific fingerprint card or will the one's my local Sheriff's office provides be sufficient?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    You submit your picture and form digitally, however, you must make sure that your form is signed, so make sure to do that before you upload the form.

At the end of it all, you don't need a CLEO sign off, just to notify them by sending a copy of the form to the sheriff's office or Attorney General of the state. Even if it gets returned to you, it's considered valid notification.

You will get a "cover sheet" that goes in the envelope with your finger print cards. Remember not to fold them.

FWIW, don't over think it too much. I missed the signature on my Responsible Persons form once, and even with the ATF agent reaching out, I had my Form 1 stamp in hand, from submission to final email, in 17 days.
    IIRC, Just as long the Sheriff has a Hard Copy of All the Forms and Your Signatures and you have copies of what was dropped off to him you can start your Journey. It could take him awhile to even get to them.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647