Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the helpful info. I was a little doubtful of what he said, thats why I asked.

Thanks again
    Brad
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverines! View Post
    Field 4h on Form 1 is where you need to put what will be engraved. If you don't put anything in there, they'll likely reject and ask you to resubmit. 4h is where you put "who" is making the unregistered receiver into an NFA registered item... i.e. the individual, trust, or corporation. Like others stated, I put my full trust name, as well as the city and state I reside in.
    negative

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    negative

Did you engrave anything on you lower or did you just not choose to put in on the Form 1? I did put what I engraved in field 4h and my Form 1 was approved as well, go figure. I see your Form 1 is for a corporation, are you a FFL/SOT?
    Last edited by Wolverines!; 04-25-10 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    This thread brings up a good question about receiving clarification from the BATF&E. The best way to receive clarification is to get it in writing vs. phone. Has anyone written for clarification? Did you mail just regular mail or certified/registered mail? How responsive are they via mail?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Did you engrave anything on you lower or did you just not choose to put in on the Form 1? I did put what I engraved in field 4h and my Form 1 was approved as well, go figure. I see your Form 1 is for a corporation, are you a FFL/SOT?
    I'm not an FFL nor SOT (that would appear on the Form 1, BTW). as to the engraving and H box- all i can say is that a lot of guys dont engrave, they make this clear by leaving the box empty, the ATF doesn't seem to give a shit, and as far as i know- there's not actually any established penalty for not doing the engraving. we've argued the the topic to DEATH here before, so there's no point doing so again- every man must decide for himself whether or not to engrave.

This thread brings up a good question about receiving clarification from the BATF&E. The best way to receive clarification is to get it in writing vs. phone. Has anyone written for clarification? Did you mail just regular mail or certified/registered mail? How responsive are they via mail?

Thanks.
    the rule of thumb is basically, "if you dont have it in writing, it doesn't exist," when it comes to the ATF. they've got so many interpretations and so many interpretations of those interpretations, that even getting it in writing isn't a guarantee to have accurate info- but at least you have physical evidence for your defense.

Feedback Score
    From this site in another thread.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireglock View Post
    From this site in another thread.
    Thanks... I aired on the side of caution and engraved, since the BATF&E notes that there's a difference between manufacturing and making and NFA firearm.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Do you HAVE to be a US citizen to file for NFA paperwork? I'm a legal alien with green card and was planning on it at a later stage.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    When you have the engraving performed with your name, can you get by with your first and last name only or do you have to put your first, middle, and last name? Also, can you only put the two letter abbreviation for the state as in AL, GA, TN, etc? Sorry for the newb questions, I'm trying to get all this completed correctly the first time through. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshen606 View Post
    When you have the engraving performed with your name, can you get by with your first and last name only or do you have to put your first, middle, and last name? Also, can you only put the two letter abbreviation for the state as in AL, GA, TN, etc? Sorry for the newb questions, I'm trying to get all this completed correctly the first time through. Thanks.
    J. Doe
    Any City, NC
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast