Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rock River Arms 1911..

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've been wanting exactly that for a long time.

If they're worth messin' with, they could quite possibly kick a Glock out of my holster. And I'm a Glock guy.

FWIW, I bought a RRA Basic Carry a few years ago and it was trash. I guess I got the only ugly one, but man it was nasty. The frame, the slide, and the grip safety were butchered beyond anythig requiring a bunch of welding. Oh well huh?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm fairly open minded when it comes to 1911's but I think I have to draw the line at the word "polymer". It may be a nice gun but I dont have any use for it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Same staff as before? If so, I'm pretty sure that the gun should run right, and be damn accurate.

Did they procure and fund this, or is this some sort of re-badged import with no "hand fitting", etc?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This isn't the first time someone has tried a poly frame 1911. As all the others and regardless of quality, it will fail more than likely.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Same staff as before? If so, I'm pretty sure that the gun should run right, and be damn accurate.

Did they procure and fund this, or is this some sort of re-badged import with no "hand fitting", etc?
    Very good question.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A polymer 1911? John Moses Browning just shit in his coffin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP.40 View Post
    Article: http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rock...-polymer-1911/

Here's what gets me....

Yet....

I am not seeing the lower cost part
    The past RRA 1911's were appreciably more expensive, In Knighthawk, Les Baer price range so it is a substantial reduction in cost over what they used to offer. But that pistol looks like a Rock Island and a Glock had a one nighter. Not for me.
    Last edited by Bigun; 02-08-12 at 03:59.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I'll stick to my range officer..

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Good one!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Maybe, but he was a pretty cutting edge gun designer. If he was around in the 70's and 80's he may have designed the very first and best polymer pistol before Glock, etc. I'm sure it would have had a WAY better trigger tough

BTW, Kimber tried this several years ago as well with a double stack. There is one guy at the club who still shoots one and loves it.....despite the fact it was sent back twice with a cracked frame....
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast