Thread: New to the Forum and First Build

Feedback Score

New to the Forum and First Build

Hello All. I have been a member for four days and must have 10 hours of time spent reading. Amazed at the wealth of knowledge available on this sight. Well down to the brass tacks. This is my first AR and I have decided to build. I like the idea of spending more time with my two sons and I believe the time at the work bench will provide just that.

I ordered a LaRue Tactical lower yesterday and it will take 4 weeks to arrive. I will order the Upper and BCG from them as well. The rest I will continue to research.

Right now I am looking for a LPK. Research says LMT? The issue is every other builder must have the same idea in mind. I can't find them in stock. Any ideas?

I would like to thank everyone who posts. It is a tremendous help to novice builders and others like myself.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    LMT does not sell LPK's. So you need to look at GandRtactical.com or you need to look at Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by TWimsett View Post
    Hello All. I have been a member for four days and must have 10 hours of time spent reading. Amazed at the wealth of knowledge available on this sight. Well down to the brass tacks. This is my first AR and I have decided to build. I like the idea of spending more time with my two sons and I believe the time at the work bench will provide just that.

I ordered a LaRue Tactical lower yesterday and it will take 4 weeks to arrive. I will order the Upper and BCG from them as well. The rest I will continue to research.

Right now I am looking for a LPK. Research says LMT? The issue is every other builder must have the same idea in mind. I can't find them in stock. Any ideas?

I would like to thank everyone who posts. It is a tremendous help to novice builders and others like myself.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

IZGuns is correct. LMT does not sell a LPK's. We do use a quite a few LMT parts in our (G&R Tactical) LPK's.

C4

Feedback Score
    Roger that. Thank you. I read the thread that addressed LPK's and understand they do not make a complete set that I could purchase. But I understand GNR uses some LMT parts in their kit and just curious if anyone else does?
    Last edited by TWimsett; 02-03-12 at 10:18.

Feedback Score

Update on Build

Hey guys,

Just an update on build.

I received my Larue Lower. I am very happy with the quality of the product. It took four weeks to come in from time of order till it was received by my local dealer. Sales team told my six weeks so I that was a pleasant surprise. Easy to track your order on their web sight. They e-mailed my tracking number the day it shipped. I received Dillo Dust (steak seasoning) and a cool tactical entry tool for the tuff to open bottles along with a copy of the US Constitution. Great group of people and great quality product. I will order my upper and 12" rails along with my BUIS from them as well.

My barrel came from Bravo Co. I ordered it on Tuesday night and the UPS truck dropped it off on Thursday morning. I got the BCM Standard 16" M4 stripped barrel. Can't say enough good things about these guys. Fast shipping and in my opinion very very good quality products. I will order my BCG from them as well.

Like everyone else I am sure, I am waiting on good quality LPK's to come available. I am on GNR Tactical's E-Mail list so when Grant gets them in I will order them.

That is where I am at today. Just follow "The Chart" and keep checking off.