Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 870 Police

Feedback Score

870 Police

yo......talk to me. many things to follow. gonna be all over the map so bear with me.

let me know that i did right in ordering the 870P rather than the Express.

i hear that even the Police has a standard orange follower.

planning on an oversize safety.....i've run an 870 all my life in the field while bird hunting, small game and deer.

talk to me about followers and safeties.

I like the look of the GG&G combo (follower and safety) however not sure about compatibility w/ the 870P as there are two dimples in some tubes. also, may swap out for another stock later on. will i have issues with fitment with this safety?

i also hear the wilson/scattergun follower is durable and has a tail to prevent binding.

got some 1.25 uncle mike's swivels coming. recommend a solid two point sling for me. does the wilderness/giles sling go two or just three point?

thanks to all

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the s&j hardware follower, extremely high quality but I don't know that it gains you anything functionally over a Wilson combat or similar.

http://sjhardware.com/store/modules....roducts_id=348

Can't comment on the rest as I don't have experience with them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I thought they stopped making 870P. (Blued / walnut stock and forearm)

Now it's available again?
    Last edited by Skang; 02-04-12 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    roger that....thanks.

nope....they still make 'em.

i ordered item @ 24421 w/ rifle sights and two shot ext. and synthetic furniture from my dealer.

it was costly compared to other 870's. 721.00 but i got a good deal on a trade in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by billybronco View Post
    yo......talk to me. many things to follow. gonna be all over the map so bear with me.

let me know that i did right in ordering the 870P rather than the Express.

i hear that even the Police has a standard orange follower. Yes, it does. At least both of mine do.

planning on an oversize safety.....i've run an 870 all my life in the field while bird hunting, small game and deer. I have a Vang Comp, but like the Wilson better (personal pref.)

talk to me about followers and safeties.

I like the look of the GG&G combo (follower and safety) however not sure about compatibility w/ the 870P as there are two dimples in some tubes. also, may swap out for another stock later on. will i have issues with fitment with this safety?

i also hear the wilson/scattergun follower is durable and has a tail to prevent binding. It is and does.

got some 1.25 uncle mike's swivels coming. recommend a solid two point sling for me. does the wilderness/giles sling go two or just three point? I'm doing a build on one of mine and using a VTAC sling and custom mounts. Doesn't answer your question, but I'm pretty damn excited about it. I do like the mounts that GG&G offer, not sure how they work out.

thanks to all
    Good luck and have fun.

Feedback Score
    i have swapped out the spring and follower, and added 1rd capacity on both of my 870's with Wilson Combat's extension. great product for $45

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Extensio...nfo/SGET-RH-1/
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    roger that......much appreciated; however, ordered the 870P w/ 2 round factory extension.

i p/u the gg&g stainless follower.

hope it fits my gun......the Police models dont have dimples in the mag tube do they????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billybronco View Post
    roger that......much appreciated; however, ordered the 870P w/ 2 round factory extension.

i p/u the gg&g stainless follower.

hope it fits my gun......the Police models dont have dimples in the mag tube do they????
    i dont think they do, but dont quote me on that. i was upgrading some old Express models ive had for years, so i did have to drill the dimples,
    and clean up the hole inside the mag tube with a very fine file afterwards.
    Last edited by Lee D; 02-05-12 at 13:28.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you ordered the gun with a factory 2 round extension, it won't have dimples in the mag tube unless a QC mistake was made.

The Police models do come with an orange or black plastic follower. Although I've never broken one, I have always swapped them out for either a Wilson/Scattergun, or more recently, a stainless Vang Comp follower.

For a duty gun, the oversized safety is a nice addition. I've used Wilson/Scattergun, Vang Comp, and Daves Metal Works.

I'd take a hard look at the Vickers and VTAC slings. Everything a 3 point does and all the benefits of a 2 point as well.

Have fun building it! I just ordered another trade in for a new project.

Feedback Score
    roger that.....yeah, just found another listing on a topic elsewhere.....Police models dont have the dimples.

not real big on GG&G; however, the safety is about the same size as the Scattergun. seems good quality....read excellent reviews.

the follower of theirs also resembles the Vang. again, cannot attest to the quality. overall, im sure it's not any better; however, is stainless and alloy and has a deep recess to allow spring to sit deeply.

got a VCAS for my Noveske.....may go back to him.

good call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast