Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All these mags how am I going to carry them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

All these mags how am I going to carry them.

Now tht we are getting up to speed on mag counts what is best for packing them around.

We have several Rhodesian? generic chest packs that work ok, but is there a BETTER way. We also still have several older sets of TA50 but it's dated.

These Rhodesian chest carriers hold 9 AR mags or 6 AK mags or 8 fn mags or 8 g-3 mags etc etc.

Dirk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Empty ammunition bandoleers is what I used way back when. They still work but will not last long.

I have one of these it holds 8 magazine and is very well made.

AR-15/M16 GRAB & GO MAGAZINE POUCH

OLONGAPO OUTFITTERS

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...MAGAZINE-POUCH

I also have a few from Eagle and one from Blackhawk that hold 4 AR mags and two pistol mags.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-12-12 at 13:33.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This is always an option... just saying

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Never trust a man that doesnt own a dog.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1988 View Post
    This is always an option... just saying

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Now that's some out of the box thinking!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the Maxpedition active shooter bag w/ the pals front. Holds 10 AR mags verical w/ 2 on top. It has a small pouch up front for an extra bcg,ifak,etc.

Feedback Score
    If any of you are blessed enough to have a mills fleet farm nearby (best store of all time) they have surplus mole ar15 mag pouchs for 4 bucks apiece. each one holds 2 mags ontop of eachother. i pick one or two up each time i swing in there. they are a great source for other surplus items as well.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    If you are looking for something to just carry they i like the Eagle active shooter bag. It is simple and holds about 10 mags. As for a chest rig. If you just want mags look at the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed stuff. They are very good and worl well.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess it depends on what you are carrying them for. If you're thinking extended firefight on foot there are a bunch of tactical vests, plate carriers, and chest rigs that are all geared up out the wazoo that will have you carrying 6+ AR mags on your torso with no problem. Then you can add a padded "warbelt" and add at least 3 more (even more if you have that tactical prepper food-storage and thermal-insulation waistline).

Otherwise, there is an ammo can (I think it's the [url=http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=923]SAW box[/url=) that will hold 24 GI mags with Ranger Plates or [less] Pmags alternating up/down. Having lived <2 miles from the beach for most of my 11 years in SE Florida I have had to "bug out" more than once for real and I always grab one of these cans and take it with me. 20 mags full of XM193, 4 mags full of Black Hills 75 grain (which I'll be changing to something more New Hotness shortly). A .30 cal can works great if you want to tote additional loose ammo and holds ~500 rounds of 5.56 too. I carry both cans to training classes in addition to "bugging out".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess it depends on what you are carrying them for. If you're thinking extended firefight on foot there are a bunch of tactical vests, plate carriers, and chest rigs that are all geared up out the wazoo that will have you carrying 6+ AR mags on your torso with no problem. Then you can add a padded "warbelt" and add at least 3 more (even more if you have that tactical prepper food-storage and thermal-insulation waistline).

Otherwise, there is an ammo can (I think it's the SAW box) that will hold 24 GI mags with Ranger Plates or [less] Pmags alternating up/down. Having lived <2 miles from the beach for most of my 11 years in SE Florida I have had to "bug out" more than once for real and I always grab one of these cans and take it with me. 20 mags full of XM193, 4 mags full of Black Hills 75 grain (which I'll be changing to something more New Hotness shortly). A .30 cal can works great if you want to tote additional loose ammo and holds ~500 rounds of 5.56 too. I carry both cans to training classes in addition to "bugging out".

Last edited by rob_s; 02-13-12 at 07:28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast