Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (service) Dogs in bugout/civil unrest/decay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My pets are family. They stay with me. We'll sink or swim together.

Feedback Score
    I love my dog, (Australian Cattle Dog) He is extremely rugged, fearless, and a great early warning system albeit a little small to take on a full grown adult human. In a disaster scenario however, I imagine that his "warnings" would warn everyone else that i was there to. Unless that could be changed (muzzled, trained, ext) then he'd have to go. H

However, he could scrounge mostly for himself or eat things i cant/wont like bones after boiling, fur, filter organs, people? (its not cannibalism if i feed my dog people is it???)
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    On an interesting side note, this is how i know my dog could scrounge for itself...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/300880.../#.TzH9omDiU5B

same breed. little wierdos all of them
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    The family dog ranks higher than my wife. He does not bark because he was born deaf. In all probability, I would get my ass shot off trying to save his butt.

Feedback Score
    She's a wolf hybrid, half Malamute. And yeah she is staying with me. She's mostly quiet except when she wants to sing or talk back and she is very much capable of fending for herself. She is also extremely loyal and protective.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

What food are you guys putting back for your K9s?

I would assume dry food, no?

What is the life span of dry dog food stored properly?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cankicker01 View Post
    Just curious how many of you in a "Bugout" situation whether, zombies economic meltdown, food shortage, whatever your flavor of apocalypse, would:

1. Take your current dog with you.. and how would you provide for it.
    She'd go with. I couldn't leave her. Also for Morale purposes. She's a Husky so really headstrong and would keep me motivated.
    2. What are some practical uses, for the dog in a survival situation.
    Shes quiet so guard dog is out but she can hold her own and am willing to bet she could pull me outta trouble if need be. Not a hunting breed but has put me on plenty of rabbits.
    3. What is your dog realistically capable of as far as utilitarian uses go.
    My dogs are and always have been my family. I think the majority of pet owners can relate. I feel that no matter the answer most could never leave a dog behind regardless of what they say. I think I could live with myself if my dog and I fell at the same time.
    "I know enough about a lot but enough to get me in trouble none the less." Me

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Believe me, I know about not doing the "popular thing." Be a gear and gun dealer, go onto a tactical gun forum and tell folks to STOP buying crap they don't need.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubhunter View Post
    The family dog ranks higher than my wife. He does not bark because he was born deaf. In all probability, I would get my ass shot off trying to save his butt.
    I find this curious. My Bulldog is deaf as a rock but she'll bark if she wants something. She's the baby, guess I'd have to carry her, but the other two, GSD & Pit-mutt could be useful, early warning / visitor deterrent.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    What food are you guys putting back for your K9s?

I would assume dry food, no?

What is the life span of dry dog food stored properly?
    That would be my biggest concern, food. I would hate to have to start to feed dogs people food that has been stored.

Any ideas on how to make a good dog food?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    My pets are family. They stay with me. We'll sink or swim together.
    amen brother

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast