Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mag count

How many mags are enough per weapon.

Anybody know of a souce for Berretta-62 mags "7.62x51"

Dirk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    It depends on the weapon. I have way more mags for my rifles then my pistols. I also have way more 5.56 M4 mags then 7.62 AR mags.

I would say that a good number to start with is 100 rifle mags for each and at least 30 pistol mags for each.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

100 per

Doc, one hundred mags per rifle ? or total per caliber.

Ive got nine AR's, and two more im building. That would be 1100 mags just for the AR's. Or am I misunderstanding.

Thanks in advance
    Dirk

Feedback Score
    our plan if we bugout is i carry the s&w 9mm with 5 high cap mags. wife carries her ruger lcr with 2 speed loaders. we both have ar's and we have 20 mags between us (counting her pink ones). if that isnt enough to last in a fight, we should have walked a different direction.

Feedback Score
    mags arent cheap. 30 pistol mags at 30 bucks apiece? 100 rifle mags? just image the amount of freeze dried food you can buy instead of all that. dont buy more than you are comfortable carrying.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would suggest 11 magazines per AR were each magazine was fire function tested for the AR they are assigned to.

Five magazines for each pistol which are also fire function tested for the pistol they are assigned to.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 02-08-12 at 11:17.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It depends on the gun. For me, I like at least 10 per pistol and at least 25 for the ARs. I have a portion set aside for training, and a some set back for what if. I dont try to fool myself into thinking that Im going to be humping around the woods with 50 mags and other gear. I keep 9 AR mags loaded in the bag and one in the gun. If the situation allows vehicle transport, then I'd grab the ammo can marked ICE. Its full of 5.56 on stripper clips and spare pistol ammo.
    Be prepared, but be realistic at the same time.
    Last edited by Quiet-Matt; 02-08-12 at 11:23.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    I can understand why people want to have "as many mags as you can possibly have" for spares etc, however I feel like 30 mags per rifle is a reasonable number, for me at least. That is a full combat load + at least 20 extras per rifle.

If you just want a huge stockpile of mags in a bunker down type situation, then great, but in a SHTF scenario where you need to bug out, I just don't see how having 100 + mags is going to benefit you.

My bug out gear contains 15 rifle mags (30 round Pmags), and 8 pistol mags (14 round .40 mags).
    Last edited by B Cart; 02-08-12 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    I gotta ask "ICE"??

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Doc, one hundred mags per rifle ? or total per caliber.

Ive got nine AR's, and two more im building. That would be 1100 mags just for the AR's. Or am I misunderstanding.

Thanks in advance
    Dirk

Well if you keep building them then you need to keep getting mags.

I was referring to people that have 1 M4 and maybe a back up M4.

I am not going to to say how many rifles I have bout I will say that I have at least 100 PMags per rifle. It is just like ammo. I buy a few every time I order something. They add up quick.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast