Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vickers Tactical Hackathorn/Vickers Low Light Level I class - May 10 - 11 - 12, 2008

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    3) recommended lodging (would help to know the range addy)?
    If Mr. Vickers and Mr. Hackathorn are running things as they did last time, we will be using two ranges...both located somewhere in the middle of Ohio. I could swear I heard banjos playing on the trip to the range....

Anyhoo, the plan at the November class was that everyone meets up at the Holiday Inn in Marietta and then we convoy to the range we are using that day. The drive to the standard range took something like 40 minutes, and the drive to the shoothouse range took a little over an hour if I remember correctly.

My advice would be to book a room at the Holiday Inn and follow the herd.

Start and stop time of the classes will be dictated by how much light and dark Mr. Vickers and Mr. Hackathorn need, I'd imagine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK, the final payment reminder & class info email has been sent to everybody on my roster. If you signed up but did not receive it please let me know. The email includes the day #1 start time, meeting place, ETC.

I also still have ONE open spot for this class. If you would like to attend please let me know. I still have time to sign you up.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm heading up tomorrow morning. I should be rolling into town mid to late afternoon.

I'm thinking that dinner at Austyn's looks like a good idea....anyone that's going to be in by then who also thinks it's a good idea is more than welcome to come along.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Half way there!! Whoo hoo!!! 5 hours to go. Glad the wife was smart enough to buy a huyndaii a few years back.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Arrow

Holy $hit.

Are you guys taking good notes? I feel like I'm drinking from a fire hydrant.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

I am going to take a stab at putting together an AAR from my handwritten notes over the next few days. Bear with me, my notepad on day 2 was soaked.

If you attended the class and would like to be forwarded a copy, please pm me with your e-mail addy.

This will be an iterative process and I'd love input from attendees to complete these notes as best as possible ... since there is no freakin' way I've captured everything.

Since this is Larry's and Ken's intellectual property, I am limiting distribution to the folks who attended unless LAV or Mr. Hackathorn say otherwise. I'm not sure LAV or Ken would like to see this stuff plastered all over the interblab anyways.

If somebody could forward to me a description of the carbine presidente drill on day three (which I missed while whoring some Raven product) please let me know.

As far as the class itself, all I can say is WOW and . The quality of instruction was unbelievable and the small class size meant incredible attention from LAV and Ken and the very capable and helpful assistant instructors/RSO's (Larry, Ken, these Ohio guys were really AWESOME). If you wanted to go and couldn't, I am sad to say, you missed out. I can see why people would repeat this class again.

This has to be the single best class I have ever taken ... hopefully I'll have some resources and methods to improve (my pretty crummy) skills.

-slut

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up Best money ever spent

Combat Shooters,

Listen up!!! Sign up for any and all available classes from these instructors (Vickers & Hackatorn) while you can. The quality of instruction was phenomenal and their attention to detail was beyond reproach. This was one of the best courses I have taken in my 20 yrs of law enforcement training.
    I also want to thank all the Assistant Range Officers for the guidance and assistance and Paul Hoatling for setting up the class.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really wish Larry wasn't pulling the plug on this class. I regret waiting so long to take it now.

I wish he would consider a 1 year reprieve before he did.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567