Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Rossi Levers

Feedback Score

Thoughts on Rossi Levers

title says it all....
    Only hits count..you can not miss fast enough to catch up.

Hunt as if you only had one shot, and you will only need one shot.

Feedback Score
    I have a Rossi repro of a 1892 Winchester that I use for Cowboy Action Shooting and I really like it. It has had the action smoothed up and worked on so it shoots better that one out of the box. It is in 45 Colt.
    RudyN

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got a stainless Rossi Puma M92 in .357. After I bought it I slicked up the action following the instructions in Steve Young's excellent DVD. Feeding .38's are a little rough but this gun runs .357's like a house afire. Accurate, handy, fun.
    The actions definitely need work - but in my opinion the work is worth it. The worst things about them is probably the cheap Brazilian hardwood. Oh, and the dumb little safety on top of the receiver. I replaced that with a peep sight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been looking at these for awhile now in .357/.38, haven't bitten the bullet so to speak as of yet though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTRN View Post
    The worst things about them is probably the cheap Brazilian hardwood.
    Considering the many excellent wood we have here, it is a shame that sub-par wood was used on guns.

BTW, I heard that the wood on the AGLC (a 7.62x51 bolt action made by Imbel) is sub-par too.
    Paulo Marcondes -- Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, I understand you have quite a large forest down there.
    What was most disappointing was the split at the tang. I repaired it with some brass hardware and two-part epoxy. It's strong now, just not pretty. When I get some time I'll refinish it and slather it with a coat or two of Birchwood-Casey Tru Oil. That will give me more confidence in bad weather.

Feedback Score
    I have a 16" 45c with a slick action, great shooter & it's worth every penny.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    use to have one. Probably the best budget lever rifle you can buy.

Feedback Score
    Had my EMF 20" Saddle Ring Carbine in 38/.357 about 8 years. It is pie plate accurate out to at last 100 yds and I've had no problems with it. Great little rifle for bumping around in the country.

Oh and it doesn't have the safety.
    Last edited by Redhat; 03-15-12 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Ranch Hand

I have been kicking around the idea of getting one of their Ranch Hands and SBRing it, so I am glad to hear that they function well after a little work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast