Thread: New gear ideas and thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New gear ideas and thoughts

Hello, I am new to this forum but not to the concepts put forward here. I agree with the thoughts on quality and products built to specifications.
    I have a couple of potential products that I have manufactured and was looking for some feedback from some of the M4 locals. These are only prototypes at this point but if well received I may go into production. Mods, if I am out of line let me know. Thanks.

This is an acog scope cover with an alternative battery powered light source. It has a topcover that can be open or closed. This eliminates two problems, the poor low light performance and the overly bright reticle during very bright days. It has an onboard battery compartment and an AR firing pin compartment for digging the micro batteries out. And it also masks the tritium glow at night.

This vest I call the Heavy 6, It holds 3 surefire 60's as well as 3 AR pattern mags. I built kydex into the pouches for a no lid retension system. I don't like the way plate carriers are specialized so I put molle on the inside of the vest and made a couple of plate holders with molle fronts. It seems to work good. The plates can be adjusted up or down for fit. I made the sides wider than usual so a guy could bolt on side plates if he wanted. Essentially this is a convertible vest. I can bolt the plates on to the vest or run it without them. Even with the inside mollied it is very comfortable to wear. I actually shoot with these designs so I try to keep everything as low profile as possible. I used mash hooks to mount the panel to the yoke, very light, very low pro.

This is a solar charger panel that has a USB port and can be mollied on the back of a pack etc. I put mesh over it to conceal the shine, it will still operate under the mesh with minimum sun.

Everyone does kydex, so I stay out of the concealed game. But I wanted a holster I could attach to molle and I wanted multicam. One of our business associates does film dip. I like the film dip however it scratches and is shiny. I laminated 500 weight multicam to the holster making a perfect match for the gear and it gets rid of the shine as well as being very durable. I made modular molle back panels for vert or chest (horizontal) carry as well as different front panels that can be bolted on.

This is the lightest configuration I have made, I call it Slick Mag Uility Rack Featherweight or SMURF. I have made these with an X back as well as yoke style. I sold some of these locally and they have been well received. It holds 6 AR pattern mags, without lids very securely. I dragged this rig for three miles down a dirt road next to my truck and no mags fell out or were dislodged. Molle right and left, 6 mags as well as 3 pistols up front.

After all the gear I bought over the years I got frustrated, My wife was a killer sewing chick so I invested in sew equipment and started making my own. I try to make stuff light, modular and free moving.

Let me know what you guys think. Critical remarks are welcome as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by FBG Tactical; 02-10-12 at 17:02. Reason: fixing pictures

Feedback Score
    This thread is useless without additional commentary from other users.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Some interesting concepts. Send me some stuff and I'll do a little t&e for ya. Do you mfg all the pouches?
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like where the ACOG cover is headed, but not the current configuration.

The chest rig with three 60s, three 30s, and three pistol mags... how's prone with that thing?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Im jelous that you can kit like that. If we have an idea will you here it? Or if a guy need a custom rig are you down?

I like the ACOG cover dont see the need for the adjustment cutouts. I think it would be better if you snuged it up a little, maybe add some elastic material in spots around rear bell. It should be hard to put on and when its there it should fit super tight. right now I would worry about it snaging on my kit. Oh maybe a sipper over the top.

Think smooth and light weight I think it has alot of potental
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Im jelous that you can kit like that. If we have an idea will you here it? Or if a guy need a custom rig are you down?

I like the ACOG cover dont see the need for the adjustment cutouts. I think it would be better if you snuged it up a little, maybe add some elastic material in spots around rear bell. It should be hard to put on and when its there it should fit super tight. right now I would worry about it snaging on my kit. Oh maybe a sipper over the top.

Think smooth and light weight I think it has alot of potental
    The cutouts for wind elevation not needed. I will delete those. The rear is hook and looped around the housing to facilitate scope cap. Does anyone use a scope cap on an acog? Are you saying- elastic further back over the ocular?

If you have an idea that would make this equipment better I want to know. I tried to have some things sewn and it was a dead end road everytime. I want to get a baseline of products that are actually comfortable and modular. I would like to keep it as simple as possible as far as business goes. Yes, I am down.

I will get a sample going tomorrow, post pics. If you like it I will send it to you for testing.

This is with the exposure cover closed. Battery powered light on and off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like where the ACOG cover is headed, but not the current configuration.

The chest rig with three 60s, three 30s, and three pistol mags... how's prone with that thing?
    If you could configure the ACOG cover what would be different?

That chest rig is fat. But I can drive in it, and move with unresricted motion while carrying 270 rds. I have run it with the front pouches off and it's more do-able. I built it because I couldn't find any surefire mag compatible L.B.E.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    Some interesting concepts. Send me some stuff and I'll do a little t&e for ya. Do you mfg all the pouches?
    Yes, we make everything in house with U.S. materials. I'd be happy to send you something. What would you like to T&E?