Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New gear ideas and thoughts

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I like the look of that holster. Most aren't specifically MOLLE so I end up having to stretch to make things work. What about some MOLLE webbing on the front of it as well? Slap some pistol mags on the front of it and have your secondary weapon covered in half the area of your rig. I'm not one to give up real estate, as long as it doesn't eliminate proper function.

Send me one and I'll beat the snot out of it/T&E it and write about it accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsx1043 View Post
    I think on of your biggest sellers will be the kydex holster MOLLE mounting. Guys are always looking for a solid way to mount a kydex holster to a belt or vest, and that looks solid and clean.
    Second.
    People have been asking RCS and damn near every other mom & Pop kydex shop for MOLLE mounted holsters with little success. This has huge potential, and that Multicam Laminate is going to be huge. The only other company I know that does that right now is Safariland.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Concur with the molle attached holster and am interested. Or should I say I Third the notion.
    Last edited by ap1220; 02-14-12 at 19:08.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    I like the look of that holster. Most aren't specifically MOLLE so I end up having to stretch to make things work. What about some MOLLE webbing on the front of it as well? Slap some pistol mags on the front of it and have your secondary weapon covered in half the area of your rig. I'm not one to give up real estate, as long as it doesn't eliminate proper function.

Send me one and I'll beat the snot out of it/T&E it and write about it accordingly.
    You mean like this-

Right hand pistol draw, left hand crossdraw mag extraction.

Right hand chest mount. Left hand mag extraction. Still working on the retension system on this one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Ideally I'd like to be able to control the amount of light coming into the tube, not just "on" or "off". Not sure how to accomplish that with velcro/nylon though.
    FBG Tac. maybe lose the velcro replace a #8 or #10 ykk zipper parallel to the fiberoptic more you unzip more light enters. Elastic 90 degrees around near the center of the zipper so it spreads itself apart as you unzip. Have fun! inside out, upside down and backwards.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    For the fiber optic....Instead of having the panel roll to the side, have it roll towards the rear with some hook on the top of it at the front end and loop going the rest of the way down so you could pull it back little by little and velcro it down. if you have to go to the side maybe 3 to 4 small side flipping panels instead of 1 big one. I understand this may be a harder stitching pattern.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    FBG I believe you nailed it! That mag pouch on the holster looks great! The angled mag pouches for cross draw look great. What about some eagle FB style retention pistol mag pouches?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Frank observations from someone that gets paid to deliver this kind of advice:

ACOG Cover:
    Lots of bulk. Provides (1) thing more than just wrapping the Fiber Optic tube with a cut-away innertube. That (1) thing is the LED light source. Focus on that, and make it as simple as possible.
    Integrate that with an optional objective lens occlusion method and you will make a lot of COG users happy.

Heavy 6:
    If you want to make something to carry SF 60s, I would eliminate everything else. Those that are in most need of those mags are distributors of high volume of fire, and the option to go prone is generally appreciated for those individuals. A single layer of 30s on the front with 60s toward the side might be a solution, depending on the size of the panel and the individual user.

Holster:
    An exposed holster should really have a retention feature. Given that there are already very successful, very proven holsters with those features I would focus on integrating those existing options to a better PALS mounting solution.

SMURF:
    Buckles on the front/top of the panel can be annoying, depending on ride height. There is a whole lot of material behind the mags and part of the system that doesn't appear to be necessary, which will retain a lot of heat and prevent wicking/drying. Maybe you have some kind of wicking/air circulation on the inside, I can't tell.
    The mag pouches are very deep, which is good for retention, but I would much rather have more mag available to grab with a removable retention device, such as a bungee with tab. What is the side pouch sized for? I don't see an immediate need to put anything on my support side unless it feeds a gun or fills a need. The pistol mag pouches, like the rifle mag pouches seem deeper than optimal, and all seem to have a cover, which slows the user from a rapid pistol reload, which is really the most critical reload for someone that carrys a side-arm. It also appears that the pistol pouch is attached to a "loose" rifle mag pouch, which will make the pouch floppy once the rifle mag is removed. Adding a hard backer of some sort to make the rifle pouch rigid will keep the pistol mag pouch fixed in position as well as make replacing the rifle mag into an empty pouch easier.

Most advancements in gear is in what can be simplified/removed.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    For the fiber optic....Instead of having the panel roll to the side, have it roll towards the rear with some hook on the top of it at the front end and loop going the rest of the way down so you could pull it back little by little and velcro it down. if you have to go to the side maybe 3 to 4 small side flipping panels instead of 1 big one. I understand this may be a harder stitching pattern.
    It's such a small area to work in that a zipper may not fit. I think you may have the best idea yet. I can split the panel in two. I built some with a roll up panel, the hook and loop was too stiff.

Feedback Score
    Just tried to make a couple of ACOG covers with kydex. Not working at all. This is the newer flex kydex. I've tried with the regular kydex and it is definately a no-go.

ta33 in the pic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast