Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need feedback on SS 5R Barrels for LMT .308 MWS

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Need feedback on SS 5R Barrels for LMT .308 MWS

I own a LMT .308 MWS with the 16" CL 1.10 twist barrel and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a SS 5R barrel. I had a 20" on order but the deal went south so I'm open for suggestions. 18" OR 20" ? I'm sticking to .308 ( 7.62x51 ). My range only goes out to 200 yards but another member here has a 500 yard range and has offered to take me so I plan to shoot at least to 500 yards on occasion

Any 1st hand or otherwise is appreciated
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For your ranges 18" is more than enough. If I was going to be doing a lot of work from 1k, then the 20" might offer some help. With the 18" you will get the longer gas and a barrel that will easily take you to 1k with the right load.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I can do one or the other, I'd get 18" since I have no access to anything beyond 400 yards. My only gripe is the price on these SS 5R barrels is expensive. But I'm sure these will shoot well once you find the sweet spot for your hand loads. I wouldn't count on off the shelf surplus ball ammo.

On a side note when is LMT ever going to release the 18" chrome lined barrels? I want one of each!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies... I guess the order I placed for the 20" 5R barrel falling through was a blessing in disguise. The barrels for the LMT MWS are pricey but overall I feel the gun stands up to any and out performs most in it's category.
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Oh ....I almost forgot. Does anyone have a trusted source that is reasonable and has stock?
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Contact Trident.

He has a contact at LMT that may be able to help you.

My trusted sources are out of stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 16" CL already shoots like a laser beam (sub MOA with hand loads) but I went ahead and ordered the 18" anyway. I really wanted the longer gas system. I have not shot the 18" yet because of a little hiccup but i suspect it will be even more accurate then the 16". I will be shooting at 1k as well (God willing).

Check out Tridents videos on youtube. He's shooting 1k with no problem with the standard 16" CL. It's amazing!!!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks guys... I watched Tridents vids and read all the threads. I actually called my local LMT dealer where I bought the gun and he is a Premier dealer and the price he quoted is outstanding. I'm heading over to hand him cash to get it ordered.

I have decided to go with the 18"

Now I'll drift my own thread... Does anyone have a source for the Tactical Operations Drag Bags? Any equals to this Bag?
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    Thanks guys... I watched Tridents vids and read all the threads. I actually called my local LMT dealer where I bought the gun and he is a Premier dealer and the price he quoted is outstanding. I'm heading over to hand him cash to get it ordered.

I have decided to go with the 18"

Now I'll drift my own thread... Does anyone have a source for the Tactical Operations Drag Bags? Any equals to this Bag?
    I would check out Triad Tactical for bags and Storm Tactical for books.

I think you will like both the gas system, and portability of the 18". Congrats.

Look forward to shooting with you. It will be nice to have someone to push me... You up for a long range/Battle Rifle class? I plan on taking a couple with John McPhee (Shrek) this year, we are working on getting his to Pa for a class which will be through Grey Group. Top notch dude with the bio to back it up.

He also instructs with Northern Red who is another outstanding outfit with a cadre of instructors that is as impressive as I have seen under one brand.

I was hoping to take F2S class but I don't think I can make it happen because of conflicts...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Roger That....

One of my best friends has a MWS as well and he's ready to do some longer distance shooting. When my barrel arrive I will call you .
    Tzoid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast