Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need feedback on SS 5R Barrels for LMT .308 MWS

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    My 16" CL already shoots like a laser beam (sub MOA with hand loads) but I went ahead and ordered the 18" anyway. I really wanted the longer gas system. I have not shot the 18" yet because of a little hiccup but i suspect it will be even more accurate then the 16". I will be shooting at 1k as well (God willing).

Check out Tridents videos on youtube. He's shooting 1k with no problem with the standard 16" CL. It's amazing!!!
    Thanks for the nod brother....can't wait to see you join the 1k club, it's only a matter of time since you and your MWS are more than capable of the feat

Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    Thanks for the replies... I guess the order I placed for the 20" 5R barrel falling through was a blessing in disguise. The barrels for the LMT MWS are pricey but overall I feel the gun stands up to any and out performs most in it's category.
    Congrat's on ordering some fine china...I don't own any of the 5R SS MWS options yet, however I do own the 5R SS 5.56 16" and 18" options for my stretch MRPs. Truly amazing barrels!

You and D90 should have blast shooting together, having a shooting pal to push you and serve as a second set of eyes is really such an advantage in the LR arena.

Feedback Score
    Where can I find LMT MWS 308 SS barrel now? Ideas?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usafmaddog View Post
    Where can I find LMT MWS 308 SS barrel now? Ideas?
    Check DSG Arms and King Optics. They recently had some in stock.
    "I knew it was a mistake to issue weapons. We're a government department not a paramilitary unit!" - Barry (Bad Taste)
    "The headshot's the only true stopper." - Derek (Bad Taste)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah but if you buy from DSG make sure you don't get the old beat up 18" with a chewed throat they've were trying to pawn off on people. I returned it the 1st time and waited 3 months for "new barrel" and They sent the same barrel back to me twice. Even had the same shipping label covered with tape. $700 barrel with a badly chewed up throat, rust spots throughout the bore and the exterior looked like it had just came back from a deployment.

I used to purchase from DSG weekly and I never experienced anything other than exceptional service. This left a very bad taste in my mouth but I would stil probably purchase from them if I needed to.

Feedback Score
    I ordered an 18" Stainless for my LMT from DSG just last week when I got the "in stock" email notification. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not a bad apple. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey no problem. I think it's been about a year and a half or so so I doubt it will be the same barrel. I just remembered. After dealing with DSG and getting the same barrel sent back to me a couple times I ended up sending that barrel back to LMT who replaced it for me. So unless they sent it back to DSG I think you'll be okay. I completely forgot that ultimately I had to send it back to LMT to resolve the issue. Which they did. So yeah I'm sure you're safe.
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 08-19-13 at 06:37. Reason: When using Siri, always proofread.

Feedback Score
    That's good to know. Since you got a minty fresh one from LMT, how's it shoot?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mac View Post
    That's good to know. Since you got a minty fresh one from LMT, how's it shoot?
    Well, I'm not quite ready to make a determination yet. But, my first time out with it it shot amazingly well. They were reloads with Varget and 168 grain SMK's. I actually shot the best group I have ever shot with this gun on the first outing with my stainless barrel. Considering my CL barrel shoots like a laser that means a lot. I was very pumped after my first outing with my SS. Since then, it has been total disappointment. I have not had the chance to shoot SMK's again. I'm not ready to chalk it up to the barrel because it could easily be my reloading technique, shooting technique or any other variable. I'm Planning on buying some FGMM to get a baseline and eliminate any errors in my reloading routine Even though when reloading for my CL barrel I had no problems keeping it extremely consistent. I'm expecting it to shoot FGMM very well And if it does not I think I will be switching back to my CL barrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12