Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota training opportunities?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Minnesota training opportunities?

Hello,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows about any training opportunities coming up this summer in Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm also interested as well.

Feedback Score
    have you guys heard of defensive edge and SLR-15? Sully runs quality classes. I have taken many of his.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by infantryman View Post
    have you guys heard of defensive edge and SLR-15? Sully runs quality classes. I have taken many of his.
    I have not heard of them. Got a link?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey guys.....I have hosted courses up here in Brainerd since fall of 2009 with Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts, Larry Vickers and Louis Awerbuck of Yavapai Firearms Academy. Gonzales will be up here in October(www.tridentconcepts.com). Awerbuck will be back this August(yavapaifirearmsacademy.com). Tricon is a 3 day carbine course(2000 rds) and Awerbucks will be a 3 day pistol(700 rds). I will be handling registration on the pistol course. Cost on the pistol course will be $600. That includes a range fee. I don't have all the details worked out yet. I do have a listed started. If you are interested send me a private message and Ill send you my email and phone number.

Thanks,

Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forgot to mention if you are looking for a 1 day basic pistol or carbine course a buddy of mine has his own training company up here in the Brainerd area. Class is usually about 6 hours and runs about $150. If interested make contact with him on here. He is Dave-HuldraArms. Timm Training is the company name. I work for him and we are both firearms instructors for the LE agencies that we work for and have attended training from the instructors in my previous post.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huldra128 View Post
    Hey guys.....I have hosted courses up here in Brainerd since fall of 2009 with Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts, Larry Vickers and Louis Awerbuck of Yavapai Firearms Academy. Gonzales will be up here in October(www.tridentconcepts.com). Awerbuck will be back this August(yavapaifirearmsacademy.com). Tricon is a 3 day carbine course(2000 rds) and Awerbucks will be a 3 day pistol(700 rds). I will be handling registration on the pistol course. Cost on the pistol course will be $600. That includes a range fee. I don't have all the details worked out yet. I do have a listed started. If you are interested send me a private message and Ill send you my email and phone number.

Thanks,

Mike
    Hey Mike. Put me down for Louis' course, huh? Not sure about TriCon. Which course is it going to be?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    http://www.combatfocusshooting.com/

Jeff Mullenmeister is running a few CFS courses in Pine Island. I took one of his courses last fall. He is a good egg and a fully competent instructor.

I've been interested in taking one of Sully's classes for a while now but the date just haven't work out. It seems like he spends most of his time teaching armorer's courses.

My brother's department has send him to TRICON/Gonzales carbines courses in Brainderd the last two years. He has nothing but good to say about it date. I will be looking hard at this Octobers class if it fits into my schedule.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    I have not heard of them. Got a link?
    http://www.slr15rifles.com

For any of you in the metro area, the MN Horse and Hunt club has a small short rifle, long rifle and pistol range on their grounds. Membership is $350/year, but when you are out there there is typically nobody around and you can do whatever the crap you want without anyone breathing down your neck.

If you are in the Bemidji area I can get you in touch with some shooters. My family has a small but private range including a 500 meter long rifle which we run informal training on a few times a year.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast