Thread: GI Needing SBR Advice

Feedback Score

GI Needing SBR Advice

Anyone running A noveske rig in 10.5? I have been thinking of just getting a 13.7 noveske bbl with a perm pinned/ welded KX-3 insteaded of going thru the whole SPR paperwork drill. I dont know if it will benefit me because once its engraved with My name and city and state the military could me me again just like that. So SBR projects might be better for me closer to retirement, but then there is the election comming up and I happen to be in a SBR friendly county. Any advice will be appreciated.
    "Airborne Shooter"

Feedback Score
    I am in a similar boat as you - the military and wanting SBRs/suppressors.

My father lives in a free state and will do so until he dies. I am currently in a free state but there is the potential that I will be reassigned in the future to a not so free state. If I do happen to move I will take all my toys to my father's place. I will buy a small safe and not give him the key/combo. I will visit my pops and my guns to use them.

Possibly the next best thing would be to set up a corporation and have you and a trusted person who will permanently live in free state partner up. This way if you get assigned somewhere not so friendly another person would legally be able to keep the toys.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get your SBR now. If the military moves you to a non-SBR state, then leave it in a safe that only you have the combination to with a friend or relative. You can also leave them in safety deposit boxes though you would most likely have to remove the buffer tube to get the length down so it will fit a normal bank safety deposit box. My checking account gives me a box for free but, in that past a 5"x5" box that was ~20" deep was only $20 to $40 a year depending on where I lived at the time. I have done this in the past with non-NFA items when I was in Europe for extended period.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get your SBR under a Revocable Living Trust and list your Father as a trustee (?). That way you can legally leave it with him when you PCS.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A LAWYER NOR DO I PLAY ONE ON TV. I would recommend that you talk to one before you do anything like this.

Good luck!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I found NFA stuff to be a giant PITA while I was active, Id wait till you ETS, but thats just me.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.