Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New RDS milling solution.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New RDS milling solution.

We had this posted on another board, a member here saw it and thought i would post it here for anyone interested.

Guys, this is something we (Unity Tactical) have designed and have been working on with Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gun Works. It’s currently in the prototype phase, but should be ready for prime-time in the not too distant future.

Unity Tactical designed the system, and L&M Precision Gunworks has exclusive rights to it.

It’s a standardized interface system to allow users to get their slide milled once and switch optics as they please. It’s also future optic compatible (to an extent), so you won't have to get another slide or get it re-milled for the next generation of micro dots. Simply buy the adapter plate to fit.

We are starting with Glocks & M&Ps using the Aimpoint T-1, Trijicon RMR, and Leupold Deltapoint. Other optics and platforms will eventually be available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We are also in talks to develop a Carbine Mount that utilizes the same interface. This gives you the ability to swap optics between handgun and carbine with a wrench (Or thumbscrew) and zero the optic on your irons. It’s a great backup solution, although something that may not be extremely practical to all users.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well guys, here it is, Mark worked his Black Magic with the sights and we have some pictures of the fully complete prototypes. Once we get them back, some will scatter to the wind for testing by other end users, and some will stay with us for testing.

On a side note, this has sparked our interest to produce some of the other designs have been sitting on. For us, its a big step, but once we get the prototypes complete, we will share them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks cool! How much? You thinking about offering completed slides or just working on customers guns?
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ChocLab; 07-13-13 at 16:04. Reason: Edit
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Very cool design.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Love the concept. Seems like simpler to machine rather than trying to machine in the RMR footprint into the slide. Good luck with the prototypes. With my eyes crapping out more and more as I age, the more options for the mini red dots the better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys,

JohnnyC - At first, it will just be customer slides, but we may look at complete slides depending on demand.

ChocLab - We will have some video up shortly after we get to testing them.

Lethal - Thanks

TAZ - Thanks, it should prove to be very useful, especially as the Mini RDS market evolves and new sights become available.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i like the modularity - very nicely done.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is the plan for L&M to offer this as a package with the suppressor sights?

If you're starting a "notify" list, I'd love to get on it.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, L&M will be offering this service along with the suppressor height sights, and will have adapter plates on hand.

We have not started a notify list yet, but its not a bad idea.

Once we get a little firmer timeframe I will start one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast