Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Switchblock effective/worth it

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I will have to try the Froglube.

I am in a similar situation to OP. But my problem is that I am left handed. I don't get a lot of gas coming out of the charging handle area (RTV trick), but I get a lot of gas from the chamber area.

Does a switchblock reduce gas from the chamber area?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    I will have to try the Froglube.

I am in a similar situation to OP. But my problem is that I am left handed. I don't get a lot of gas coming out of the charging handle area (RTV trick), but I get a lot of gas from the chamber area.

Does a switchblock reduce gas from the chamber area?
    Back-pressure in the bore related to the longer time required for pressure to drop, considering the suppressor, is better contained due to the change in the time required to complete the sequence of the rifle cycling, but by and large, no. Nothing can change that except turning it "off", which will allow the casing to act as a "plug" and prevent the crap from entering the upper, somewhat.

Feedback Score
    I have a switchblock and it definitely reduces the amount of gas coming back when on suppressed, however if you're highly sensitive like you say, I doubt the switchblock will change your reaction.

Feedback Score
    The only option that I can think of is shooting in the "OFF" position on the Switchblock just like 308sako mentioned. No gas is cycled back when in the "OFF" position.
    - Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12