Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit to carry in multiple states?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Question Permit to carry in multiple states?

Currently live in Southern Washington, but considering working in Portland. I have my permit to carry in WA but can I get a permit to carry in OR? If so what steps do I have to take?
    -Eric

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VWtype2 View Post
    Currently live in Southern Washington, but considering working in Portland. I have my permit to carry in WA but can I get a permit to carry in OR? If so what steps do I have to take?
    I think your good. Have not lived there for about 7 years. Did you look to see if your permit is riciprocal for OR? If not get a Utah permit
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here's a LINK to USA carry's reciprocity maps. It looks like your Washington permit is not honored in Oregon, but they do offer permits to non-residents. Looks like you'll have to jump through the hoops to get a second permit.
    Last edited by Quiet-Matt; 02-12-12 at 10:24.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I don't know if it helps but you can get a floride license without residency and it's valid in something like 30 states. Don't quote me on it though just what I have been told by a battle of mine who is from florida and has one. I believe texas is now valid in multipul states but don't know about their residency rules.
    Last edited by Endur; 02-12-12 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    Here you go: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

There was a discussion here a few years ago about this very subject. IIRC, having a FL and a UT CCP will cover most of the states with reciprocal agreements.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VWtype2 View Post
    Can't answer that specific Q per se, but I have non res CCW for FL, UT, NV, HH, ME, and my res in MA. I did that as it covers almost every state I may wan to CCW in. Between FL and Utah, you cover a large portion of the US. See maps for actual states covered.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Can't answer that specific Q per se, but I have non res CCW for FL, UT, NV, HH, ME, and my res in MA. I did that as it covers almost every state I may wan to CCW in. Between FL and Utah, you cover a large portion of the US. See maps for actual states covered.
    ^^^This
    I believe I've seen classes at Cabelas that upon completion award a FL and UT ccw, and the reciprocity for those states is pretty darn good. IIRC you wouldn't even need a WA ccw, but don't hold me to that.
    Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it.
    -Buck Brannaman

"Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution,or you're just part of the landscape."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info really appreciate it! I found some info going through google, but really couldn't get a clear answer. I grew up in the Bay Area,but Portland is a different kind of animal.
    -Eric

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Guess I'll never need to spend my cash in Oregon!

Oregon does not honor any other state Permit/Licenses.
    Oregon will issue permits to people who are residents of states that border Oregon. Those states are Washington, California, Idaho and Nevada.
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    You will need to get an Oregon non-res permit to carry in Oregon. However, I have heard that only one county (sheriff) issues without needing extenuating circumstances. I heard this while taking the Insights Training class for the Utah CCW. You might want to give them a call and see if they can guide you on the process. The number for Insights is (425) 827-2552.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast