Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Permit to carry in multiple states?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is complete bullshit that keeps getting passed around by people who have no idea what they are talking about. The only way it is hard for people to get permits is because the larger counties such as Multnomah county have limited hours they are open and only a couple of days that they accept new permit applications. The hours are generally during standard work days during the week, which is why it is "hard" to get a permit. I was told you had to write a letter to get an oregon permit as to why the permit was needed, but it was merely one sentence I wrote on a piece of paper I was handed after they snapped my picture.

If you want a permit just apply for it after taking the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    You will need to get an Oregon non-res permit to carry in Oregon. However, I have heard that only one county (sheriff) issues without needing extenuating circumstances. I heard this while taking the Insights Training class for the Utah CCW. You might want to give them a call and see if they can guide you on the process. The number for Insights is (425) 827-2552.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    You will need to get an Oregon non-res permit to carry in Oregon. However, I have heard that only one county (sheriff) issues without needing extenuating circumstances. I heard this while taking the Insights Training class for the Utah CCW. You might want to give them a call and see if they can guide you on the process. The number for Insights is (425) 827-2552.
    It is the Sheriff in John Day. This is still the case last I was told (Nov' 2011). You'll need a training certificate, pay the man and be patient (60days, IIRC).
    RmG

Tu ne cede malis

Feedback Score
    After all.. I quit the Downtown job. Tired of fighting for a parking spot and all the hipsters. Found a new job off Airport way driving stand up fork lift. I get to work.. do my time and get the fawk out of OR.
    -Eric

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I need some clarification on this (hopefully from a LEO). What's up with Virginia non-resident CHL? A friend at work found a website where you take an online test and receive a Virginia non-resident CHL which they claim is G2G in Texas. True/False?

I'm looking for clarification not "just go take an f'in class and shoot your gun durrrr". That's not helpful.

Feedback Score
    Whats the easiest way to get a florida and Utah CCP?
    RIP Robert Gore- RIP Amos Nelson WIA BJ Jackson- 186 MP Company
    \Iraq 03-04/
    \Iraq 07-08/
    Everyone exists...some people live

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iasc300 View Post
    Whats the easiest way to get a florida and Utah CCP?
    Find a Utah CWP instructor in your State or area, and take a class from them. Normally it is ~$50 and a Saturday. The further you are from Utah/the fewer instructors in your area, the more expensive it may be.

Link to Utah CWP instructor's (that are not in Utah) - http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tate042412.pdf
    RmG

Tu ne cede malis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I lived in Washington and had a CHL. When I took a job in Beaverton, OR I got a non-resident permit from Washington county sheriff. Now I live in OR and have CHL and a UT permit so I can carry in Washington, ID, MT, etc.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmyglock View Post
    Find a Utah CWP instructor in your State or area, and take a class from them. Normally it is ~$50 and a Saturday. The further you are from Utah/the fewer instructors in your area, the more expensive it may be.

Link to Utah CWP instructor's (that are not in Utah) - http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tate042412.pdf
    I should probably say I have a CCL from Iowa, now for Florida all I need to do is get in contact with their DPS and fill out a CWP form and sent it back in right?

Also with the Utah CWP do I still need to take a CWP class to get the Utah permit if I already have an Iowa CCL?

Thanks for the info
    \Iraq 03-04/
    \Iraq 07-08/

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iasc300 View Post
    I should probably say I have a CCL from Iowa, now for Florida all I need to do is get in contact with their DPS and fill out a CWP form and sent it back in right?

Also with the Utah CWP do I still need to take a CWP class to get the Utah permit if I already have an Iowa CCL?

Thanks for the info
    Yes, you would have to take a class from a instructor that is recognized by the Utah BCI. There are certain things that are gone over in the class that are specific to Utah State Law (e.g. Use of Force, et al). Also, as of 2011 Utah will require you to hold a CWP from your home state when applying for the Utah Permit.

Side Note -- The home state provision was a direct result of States threatening to no longer recognize the Utah CWP. Why? People were getting the Utah permit as a one-stop solution without needing to get a permit for their home state.

Revenue? Direct taxation on 2A? Restriction on the right to keep and more importantly bear arms? You decide.
    RmG

Tu ne cede malis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmyglock View Post
    Yes, you would have to take a class from a instructor that is recognized by the Utah BCI. There are certain things that are gone over in the class that are specific to Utah State Law (e.g. Use of Force, et al). Also, as of 2011 Utah will require you to hold a CWP from your home state when applying for the Utah Permit.

Side Note -- The home state provision was a direct result of States threatening to no longer recognize the Utah CWP. Why? People were getting the Utah permit as a one-stop solution without needing to get a permit for their home state.

Revenue? Direct taxation on 2A? Restriction on the right to keep and more importantly bear arms? You decide.
    Ok, thank you very much for the information
    \Iraq 03-04/
    \Iraq 07-08/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast