Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on some light-weight pants

Feedback Score

Suggestions on some light-weight pants

I am looking for some suggestions on some light-weight hiking type pants. Something I can use during the summer (I live in AZ) and would be still be comfortable. Don't have to be super tactical high speed or anything, just comfortable and practical.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Some findings and suggestions here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78277

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LW pants

Although we live in Ct. we have been to New Mexico (S.F. & North) at least 12 times in the last 5 years in every season. For the warmer weather I have found that the REI 100% lightweight nylon, zip off lower leg w/ side boot zips have been the best. The pants dry out ASAP if you get caught in rain shower, ventilate easy by opening the leg zips partway. You can keep the lowers on with zips partially opened when hiking thru that low scrub brush and not get all scratched up. Elastic waist w/ basic narrow belt which woun't do hold up much but the pants. The lowers will come off with your boots on as long as you don't have some seriously big boots. Just stuff the lowers in your day pack or pants pocket. No "tactical" look to them, standard slash pockets in front, velcro flaps on the rear ones. They look fine in town to go eat out. Mine usually last several years depending on what we're doing. I just stop at the REI outlet outside of ABQ airport and get a new pair when we hit town. Also available on line.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Arc'teryx "Rampart" is the most comfortable pair of pants I have owned. Not cheap @ $99, but in the hot/humid air up here they feel like I am wearing....nothing. I recently picked up a pair from REI.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's hard to beat Carhartt, just got serveral pairs of these;

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...n-For-Men.html

There not your typical heavy canvas work pants, they are 7.5oz cotton.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've been using these for a while.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...8898&TabID=548

They're simple, and very comfortable.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have been running the Vertx pants since they came out. I wore them during a carbine course last saturday. It was 90+ and super humid with no wind. My ass-crack and balls couldnt have been more UNcomfortable. Any pant that is made of more than 50% cotton is a no-go for me in the summer when training or hiking, etc. Here's to hoping they come out with a lightweight synthetic version of their pants soon.

Sorry if my comments above fall into the "too much information" category, but I think it is straight to the point and relevant to this discussion.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 06-20-11 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my Vertx pants, but with 100 degree summers, they stay in the closet until fall.

I've had good results with the 5.11 taclite pro. I can wear them for a 24hr shift with minimal amount of swamp-assed-ness

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Vertx is definitely too hot for hot weather. Rumor has it they're releasing a lightweight. I'm sure it will be out in time for Xmas.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    the lightest/coolest summer pant i've used is the railriders eco-mesh pant:
    http://www.railriders.com/men-eco-me...7pobbb0hopgs33

you can open or close the vents as needed. they really make a difference. if i HAD to wear pants for hiking, walking etc. instead of shorts in hot weather (dry or humid), they'd be my first choice.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast