Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stupid AK question: Cheek weld of folding stocks?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Removing my dustcover allowed me to see the top of the pin. I just didn't assume it could be pushed out from below at that point. Maybe the real reason there is a small punch included in the toolkit!

So how much should I expect to pay for a polymer stock set? I may as well get all 3 pieces or at least the rear and 2 front pieces. I have a black pistol grip...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Removing my dustcover allowed me to see the top of the pin. I just didn't assume it could be pushed out from below at that point. Maybe the real reason there is a small punch included in the toolkit!

So how much should I expect to pay for a polymer stock set? I may as well get all 3 pieces or at least the rear and 2 front pieces. I have a black pistol grip...

I don't want you to stroke out, bear in mind that they had to pay for the dies to make these stocks and I know from conversations with the president of the company it cost them A LOT. Also, a real Russian set would cost you more, and the US made stuff is actually higher quality on these.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.ph...cat=251&page=3
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score

After reading and responding to this thread I pulled out a bunch of my kits yesterday. Some of the pins almost slide in and out while others needed a little convincing with a brass hammer. Just pop it out from the bottom and you'll be set.

If you are really interested in the poly stock look around in the for sale section on different boards - lots of folks are taking the poly stocks off their Arsenals and replacing them with the triangle folders it seems. You 5.45 gun would look very nice with a full black poly set and save the wear and tear on the wood...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    After reading and responding to this thread I pulled out a bunch of my kits yesterday. Some of the pins almost slide in and out while others needed a little convincing with a brass hammer. Just pop it out from the bottom and you'll be set.

If you are really interested in the poly stock look around in the for sale section on different boards - lots of folks are taking the poly stocks off their Arsenals and replacing them with the triangle folders it seems. You 5.45 gun would look very nice with a full black poly set and save the wear and tear on the wood...

Spooky
    Thanks!

Templar-

Did you disassemble a foreing sling to get the D-ring and clip for the BFG sling?

I saw that stock kit last night, no strokes here with you at fault...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I don't want you to stroke out, bear in mind that they had to pay for the dies to make these stocks and I know from conversations with the president of the company it cost them A LOT. Also, a real Russian set would cost you more, and the US made stuff is actually higher quality on these.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.ph...cat=251&page=3
    Can you order the stock solo? I couldnt find it on their site?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Can you order the stock solo? I couldnt find it on their site?
    Here she be: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.ph...cat=283&page=2

$180 is a lot but it is less then what people were buying the real Russian ones for. K-Var had a 50% off sale on these a while back - that made them very reasonable. Also watch for sale ads - lots of them are being swapped out for metal triangle folders on the new Arsenal guns.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks!

Templar-

Did you disassemble a foreing sling to get the D-ring and clip for the BFG sling?

I saw that stock kit last night, no strokes here with you at fault...

Yup, sacrificed a Bulgarian sling for the snap hook and D-ring.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6646

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    http://riflestocks.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=324

For those of you that have a box full of spare AR parts. "M16A1 stock and receiver extension! Rise from your grave!"
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234