Thread: LEO signoff valid if he gets arrested?

Feedback Score

LEO signoff valid if he gets arrested?

I have had a lower sitting around waiting to start the SBR process for a while, the reason it is still waiting is that my county sheriff got arrested for DUI. Not only did he get arrested, but he is on tape trying to get the arresting officer to let him off. He used the 'do you know who I am?' line so needless to say he did not get any brother of the shield help on that and got arrested.

The county is kicking around booting him, just waiting on the DUI to work its way through the system, and the legal opinions of what they will need to accomplish this.

Now my question is. If he is the CLEO in my area at the time he signs it and I mail it in, but gets the heave ho before the ATF has completed processing am I looking at starting the process over?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You're fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As mentioned above you should be fine. While obviously he has quite the legal battle he still holds the title as Sheriff and thus would be the CLEO. If you still do not feel comfortable the Undersheriff may be an alternatve in addition to the District Attorney. Those were the options presented to me when I was getting my Form 4 signed should I not be able to get ahold of the Sheriff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its the position that blessed off on your paperwork, not the man.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Then it looks like I need to start filling out paperwork.