Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W going no-lock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
    I'd love to see them drop the locks. It certainly seem that no one actually likes them. I just wonder if they would be willing to face the potential liability issue of removing a "safety feature" from their products.
    That's the problem. They already opened the Pandora's box.

Feedback Score
    The lock is what is preventing me from buying any current Smith and Wesson production revolvers.

I only buy the old school Smith's that have either pinned/recessed features or target hammers/target triggers. AHHH the good old days!

Wish Smith would go back to what made them great. I know it costs a lot, but I dont care. I would pay the extra.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I actually purchased a 442-1 (non-lock) this weekend at the local gunshow. 99 percent of the guns were the lock models, but I finally found a current production 442-1. Great gun.

Gun was mis-marked for 339.00 which is damn near LE price.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I actually purchased a 442-1 (non-lock) this weekend at the local gunshow. 99 percent of the guns were the lock models, but I finally found a current production 442-1. Great gun.

Gun was mis-marked for 339.00 which is damn near LE price.
    Saturday I looked at new j-frames at a high volume store here and they were $339 which surprised me. Dealer told me S&W dropped the prices. I wondered if this might be to thin out the lock inventory in prep for a wholesale conversion to no locks. ???
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar55 View Post
    The lock is what is preventing me from buying any current Smith and Wesson production revolvers.

I only buy the old school Smith's that have either pinned/recessed features or target hammers/target triggers. AHHH the good old days!

Wish Smith would go back to what made them great. I know it costs a lot, but I dont care. I would pay the extra.
    Most wouldn't. And even if they went back to the older materials, machining, and handwork, the new guns would likely cost more than the prices you're seeing on older classic S&W's.

Feedback Score
    I,ll stick with my 2 inch heavy barrel model 10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmhpfan View Post
    I,ll stick with my 2 inch heavy barrel model 10.
    Me too.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=trackstar55;1236106]The lock is what is preventing me from buying any current Smith and Wesson production revolvers. [QUOTE]

Concur and believe this is fairly common. Apparently S&W can afford to cross off those of us who feel likewise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Concur and believe this is fairly common. Apparently S&W can afford to cross off those of us who feel likewise.
    Yup.

For its part, Smith & Wesson forecast sales of $395 million to $400 million for all of fiscal 2012 when it released third-quarter results this month, up from an already-increased December estimate of $385 million to $395 million.

“We continued to work on expanding our firearm manufacturing capacity to meet increased demand, an objective we plan to continue in the coming months as we address our robust backlog,” Smith & Wesson said.

Its firearms backlog was, at the end of the quarter, $198.5 million — more than double the figure of a year earlier.
    http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012...ger-gun-rights

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Saturday I looked at new j-frames at a high volume store here and they were $339 which surprised me. Dealer told me S&W dropped the prices. I wondered if this might be to thin out the lock inventory in prep for a wholesale conversion to no locks. ???
    i'd imagine the lock will remain an option, some people might want it.

i took a little time to seek out a 642 with no lock. Glad i did. one less hole in the frame, one less thing to go wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast