Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W going no-lock?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Well, that, and the mim parts, and general lowered quality of fit and finish compared to the old ones.
    what years exactly are considered smith's heyday? I consider them to be a very favorable company to support and deal with right now. They have excellent CS and support gun rights....

i know that wasn't so true in the 90's.... at least as far as smith's rep among "gun people" was quality better than?

i know this is OT. so 60's and 70's good years?

Feedback Score
    Their instructor at the M&P armorer class I attended stated that their intention was to make the lock an option that you have to ask for. Similar to how the majority of the M&P pistols don't have a mag disconnecter, but it's an option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Their instructor at the M&P armorer class I attended stated that their intention was to make the lock an option that you have to ask for. Similar to how the majority of the M&P pistols don't have a mag disconnecter, but it's an option.
    Or like the internal safety on the M&P that is rarely found outside some very anti-gun states. If they can make it optional on the M&P with no legal concern, why not revolvers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does this mean the locked versions will fetch a premium?
    I just picked up a no lock 442 a few months ago, and from what I understand, they were not hard to find.

Feedback Score
    Glad I found this thread. I'd love to find a no-lock 649.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    You won't see the locks discontinued. You will see production runs of some additional models without the lock.
    This is what I was thinking. There are too many that desire it and too many places that require it for S&W to completely ditch the locks.
    The least they could do is lose the locks on their “classic” series.

Feedback Score
    This is my busy time of year so I just kind of glanced at S&W's website but the only one I see advertised as "no-lock" is the 442.

Feedback Score
    I got my no-lock 442 used for 289 us dollars

Feedback Score
    I just grind the tit off the locking mechanism and then there is no worry about the hammer locking up by accident.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I just grind the tit off the locking mechanism and then there is no worry about the hammer locking up by accident.
    This ^ I've helped a couple of buddies do this for their BUGs. It works well and takes very little time. The first one we did with the file from a leatherman. You just take the side plate out, pop out the lock, grind it off and then replace it. No need for a plug, the key turns like normal, etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast