Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: S&W going no-lock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
    I'd love to see them drop the locks. It certainly seem that no one actually likes them. I just wonder if they would be willing to face the potential liability issue of removing a "safety feature" from their products.
    The liability argument is meaningless. S&W already makes a shitload of handguns, including revolvers, without locks.

Think about it. Hard.

I cannot fathom one good reason why S&W insists on that retarded feature as standard on some guns and not on others.

Feedback Score
    As soon as they drop the locks, many people will be picking up .357 and .44 classic revolvers.

Hell, I'll get a Dirty Harry Model 29 if they drop the lock on new production.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kantstudien View Post
    As soon as they drop the locks, many people will be picking up .357 and .44 classic revolvers.

Hell, I'll get a Dirty Harry Model 29 if they drop the lock on new production.
    I wouldn't hold your breath.

Feedback Score
    The plus side is S&W is saving me a bunch of money by continuing to produce their lock version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    The plus side is S&W is saving me a bunch of money by continuing to produce their lock version.
    Not me. I've spent a bunch buying old ones.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I dont think the lock will ever go away the most we can hope for is it becomes an option. I wish Smith would go back to making revos with hammer mounted firing pins too

Feedback Score
    close to 1k rounds with my 686 and no lock issues, but with my luck, it'll lock up when i really do need it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DucQ View Post
    close to 1k rounds with my 686 and no lock issues, but with my luck, it'll lock up when i really do need it
    Take the flag out then.

Feedback Score
    From what I can tell, they are only offering no-locks in double-action-only guns. I also think I remember them offering one with a bobbed hammer a little while back which also had no lock. If they would get rid of the locks, I would buy 5 new revolvers in the first week. I would even be satisfied with several models if they bobbed the hammers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
    From what I can tell, they are only offering no-locks in double-action-only guns. I also think I remember them offering one with a bobbed hammer a little while back which also had no lock. If they would get rid of the locks, I would buy 5 new revolvers in the first week. I would even be satisfied with several models if they bobbed the hammers.
    You're not alone, but apparently they are making/selling enough revolvers that they really don't want to sell X number of times more.
    Last edited by brushy bill; 05-27-13 at 14:15.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345