Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Elbow Pain.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoller View Post
    30-50 reps?!?........As you get stronger, you cause failure by adding more weight, not more reps. 8-12 reps is the target for failure........

In the gym, I see people all the time slinging around tiny dumbbells like candy, their joints going from lock to lock, and they wonder why they never get any stronger but their joints are hurting. It's because they aren't making their muscles fail and therefore grow back stronger, just going too fast and injuring their joints.......
    That's very interesting. Since last year I have been trying to do more to maintain condition. I'm not trying to "build" anything, just keep what I've got from falling apart really. With now more than a few years under the belt, I'd just like to walk around comfortably and not feel run-down all the time.

At home using just a small bar and a floor pad, it's taken some experimentation to see what effect various approaches have. At first I was doing slow, low-rep presses and curls along with to-failure ab crunches, and was pleased with getting fairly immediate results. Then a couple of months ago I shifted gears a bit and started a faster-paced routine based around a larger number of reps. As a result though, I have not gained any additional strength and I think maybe even lost some. Especially important, I am now experiencing strain in my joints, tendons, and even my back (!!! ), that was not happening under the prior regimen.

Starting this week, I'm going back to the slow, to-failure program in the hopes of clearing up the inflammation that the high-rep routine appears to have created.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Here's a pic of an LEO using this technique shooting a Glock 21.

Notice the empty case exiting the Glock 21 .45...

It's just leaving and the gun is in FULL RECOIL.

And here's a testimonial from that 'Manly Man' in the photo above...

“I have trained with some top name instructors who advocate the Weaver and Modified Isosceles stances. But because I suffer with tendinitis, I found it difficult and painful to shoot using those other methods…

However, after two full days of training in the FIST-FIRE System, and firing over 1,000 rounds of full power .45, I had absolutely no joint or tendon pain whatsoever. I also learned how to shoot better, faster, how to coach myself and how to practice the right way.

The system also integrated well with the Mixed Martial Arts we teach at our gym. I am convinced that FIST-FIRE is the very best, most complete system of handgun shooting available today.”

Officer Paul Sharp, Illinois
    Mixed Martial Arts Instructor
    Straight Blast Gym of Illinois
    www.ISRMatrix.org
    Seriously, I suffered for years with tendinitis and lime disease until I finally figured out a better way to control a handgun. Been doing fine ever since, and so have my students.

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
    Tactical Shooting Academy
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234