Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: building a sniper-grade upper, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    That's what I figured, you end up spending the nominal amount on a lower anyway (comparatively speaking), so may as well go complete, right?

12 hundies. woof!
    Cheap and a precision AR don't go together.

Cheap, accurate, well built. You can pick two.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    ^ should probably be in a FAQ:

Looking to save money on a precision AR? Stop now.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Nordic Compenents makes a hell of a good 22lr upper. They are one of the top of the line 3gun accessories producers and I really want one of their 22lr uppers to do 3gun training
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    I have built nice accurate uppers/rifle with mostly Del-Ton and CMMG barrels in 18 and 20 inch lengths. Average cost for a free floated railed flattop with 2-stage trigger usually ran around $1300.

It seems that there isn't much accuracy difference between quality factory barrels from the major manufacturers. Most barrels are made by only a few makers anyway.

Almost every barrel I have used has been able to hit 1MOA or smaller as long as decent ammo was used.

I used to run a company called Tennessee Police Supply and custom built uppers all the time so drop me a PM if you have any questions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Nordic Compenents makes a hell of a good 22lr upper. They are one of the top of the line 3gun accessories producers and I really want one of their 22lr uppers to do 3gun training
    +1 I love my NC Upper! It goes to the range EVERY time I go out. It's just that much fun to shoot. Maybe b/c it's the only caliber I don't have to worry about collecting brass and reloading for after shooting. :-) I've got the 16" model and works excellent out to 100yds (haven't stretched further). Expensive but I've yet to have a failure to feed with every cheap .22 ammo available. Runs bulk pack (Remy, Winny, etc). I do only use copper coated with the bulk stuff. But it does run lead fine also.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My opinion build or buy a quality upper and get a .22 conversion instead of a .22 upper. I have 1 and it has paid for itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12