Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
If I remember correctly, I had a hard time applying the SOFT-T to myself with one hand, so my preference is for the CAT.

However, the CAT has it's own set of problems--first, the windlass is plastic, so I have heard reports of them breaking while trying to wrench down on a bleeding extremity. Second, the TQ is also velcro based, so again, reports of the velcro getting clogged up and failing to function absent use of the tri-glide. Finally, the velcro can get bumped loose, causing the TQ to stop functioning as it should.

On balance, in my humble opinion, the SOFT-T should be the superior TQ. The aluminum windlass, plus the method of securing the strap (a metal clamp with a screw on it, versus velcro) seems more secure than the velcro of the CAT. I have both on my kit.

YMMV.
the soft-t-w does not have the locking screw. that's the soft-t.

also i was told that the locking knob on the soft-t wasn't super effective and worse yet, most of the time responders forget to tighten the knob... it's quite a bit of muscle and procedural memory required to knob something down after you did everything else up to that point :\